Chapter 25

The place which was full of grunt and groans a second ago, now became completely silent. Large insect like demons, who were on a killing spree, suddenly turned into ashes and disappeared into the air.

But not all of them, only those who had ever tasted human flesh in their life. The rest of them turned back into their human form and now their unconscious bodies laid on the ground. The witches were clueless for a moment and stood like a stone, trying to process the situation.

When realization finally hit them, they started looking at each other. Jungkook had his eyes closed all this time, he was waiting to get his chest pierced by the demon, he was ready to die, but when nothing happened to him, he fluttered his eyes open.

"YN... -!!"

He called out her name in a whisper. Seeing her lifeless body, he crawled to her in desperation and when he realized that she was no more, a loud cry left his mouth unknowingly.

"Noo... wake up... you can't just leave like this... YN... please..."

He cried out desperately while patting her face repeatedly. But she didn't wake up! She was already gone, there was no point. His eyes then drifted off to the dagger that was inserted in her chest. He pulled it out slowly and again looked at her face.

Engulfing her body in his arms, he started crying his heart out, which was a rare sight.

Taehyung ran to his twin's body and then harshly pushed the crying male aside. Jungkook didn't even try to protest, his weak body fell on the grass as he looked at the night sky, tears floating down the corner of his eyes like a waterfall.

Taehyung punched the ground multiple times and screamed like a maniac as he couldn't feel the twin bond anymore. He felt empty inside! He felt guilty that he couldn't save his one and only sister!

Namjoon kept looking down while kneeling on the blood stained ground. He couldn't even muster the courage to see her lifeless body. The grief turned him into a stiff stone! And his parents just lost their daughter once again.

Soon the authority started picking up the dead bodies of their fellow witches while completely ignoring the remaining unconscious bodies of the demons. They would wake up soon and they were not a threat anymore. As Ji Eun had killed many humans, she also disappeared along with other culpable demons.

The authority had a secret facility in that town, where they took the dead bodies. YN's body was also taken there and kept in a separate room. Her family bade their goodbyes to her one by one.

Jungkook went to her alone as he now wanted to confess his feelings to her.

"I never got the chance to confess my feelings to you, YN. I don't know how but I think I fell hard for you. It took me so long to realize my own feelings and now look, I'm finally confessing when you're not here anymore. I'm so sorry that our last encounter ended up in misunderstanding. I didn't get the chance to explain myself. I'm so sorry YN that you had to leave with a broken heart! I'm so sorry *sob*... It hurts so much YN... It really hurts to see you like this... *sob*... I love you YN... only if I could say this to you just one time...*sob*... just one time...!!"

The boy kept crying, holding her blood stained hand in his.

"I love you too, Jungkook. I'm sorry that I didn't give you the chance to explain!"

His head then shot up in surprise. She was looking at him with her big glossy eyes. The blood stains remained on her chest but the wound was completely healed!

"YN! Are you really talking to me or I'm dreaming?" Jungkook exclaimed loudly, feeling overwhelmed.

"No you are not dreaming, bunny boy!" She smiled softly.