Chapter 16

The night of the ball
Behind story~

When Taehyung went to take his phone, leaving YN alone in his car, Jungkook took the opportunity and picked her up. He didn't trust Taehyung a bit so he decided to take her with him instead.

On the other hand, the person who spiked YN's drink thought that Taehyung would take YN to her house. So that person went to YN's house but didn't find anyone there. That person had no idea that Jungkook already took YN with him.

It wasn't the first attempt of that person to get a hold of YN. That person tried a several times but each try resulted into failure. So that person or to be specific, that demon, vented up its frustration into someone else and it was unfortunately Mrs Hwa, who was alone in her house.

The demon quenched both it's hunger and frustration, by devouring the flesh of Mrs Hwa.

Present~

Taehyung knew Namjoon's secret hideout so he took Jungkook there. On the way they both exchanged information and managed to get a hold of the situation a little bit.

"You were with her last night? Then why is she saying that she doesn't remember anything?" Namjoon inquired.

"Because she was intoxicated," Jungkook replied.

"Wait wait... you kidnapped YN last night from my car? Why didn't you just tell me?" Taehyung asked surprised. He already told everything to Jungkook but it looked like Jungkook had still some secrets hidden inside his sleeves.

"Why are you lying Jeon? Are you so blinded by love that you're trying to save a criminal!" Namjoon stated with pure anger written on his face.

"I'm not lying, I'm just stating facts, hyung. Now let her go!" Jungkook said, staring furiously at Namjoon's eyes.

While the two men bickered, YN just sat there kneeling on the floor. She had no idea of what they were talking about which made her even more confused. Taehyung also stood behind Jungkook helplessly as no one paid any heed to his question.

"Okay, take her. But let me tell you, I've already informed the higher authority. They are coming from Seoul. Let's see how you manage to lie to them!" Namjoon stated with gritted teeth, taking a step closer to Jungkook.

"You don't need to worry, I'll take care of it myself!"

Saying this, Jungkook walked towards YN and grabbing her wrist tightly, stomped out of that small room.

After a while, YN suddenly stopped walking and freed her arm from his grip. This action made Jungkook stop on his tracks and turn his head to look at her.

"Is it true what you just said there?"

"Why would I lie? Didn't you wake up in that tree house?"

"Well then why weren't you there when I woke up? You could've at least given me a heads up about what happened last night!"

"What makes you think I'd stay up all night just to keep an eye on you? I have my own life remember! Don't act so clingy," Jungkook replied in a harsh manner, making her flinch.

Well, he lied. In fact he did stay up all night, sitting beside her, admiring her sleeping figure. But he left at the break of dawn because he didn't want to show his caring side to anyone.

However, his rash behavior broke her heart. For a moment she started thinking that he cared for her. But now he smashed her hope into tiny little pieces.

"You're ri-right....sorry for expecting too much!" A tear drop escaped her eye, which she wiped with her palm.

Showing him a soft smile, she walked away in a hurry. But that smile showed exactly how much hurt she was.

Jungkook squeezed his eyes close and mentally cursed himself. No matter how much he tried, he always ended up hurting others.

"You are so good at studies and everything, but how come you're so bad at this?" A calm voice said from behind.

"Fuck off Tae, I'm not in a good mood," Jungkook spat, still keeping his eyes closed and fist clenched.

"I know you care for her. So why are you so afraid of showing it? By doing this you're not only hurting yourself but her too. So learn to accept your feelings first. Heartless monster!"

Taehyung mumbled the last part under his breath but Jungkook heard it clearly.

"Why am I like this, Tae?" Finally the cold guy opened up to his one and only rival.

"We can discuss that later but for now we have to think of something. I have a gut feeling that she's not a demon. I don't know how to describe it but there's this kind of bond I feel when she's near me. I feel like I want to protect her and give her the whole world. But Namjoon hyung won't listen to me, he thinks I'm being stupid."

"There's only one way to find out!"

Time skip~

After that serious conversation, both the males were now on their way to YN's hometown.

*knock* *knock*

"Is this YN's house?" Jungkook asked to the old man who opened the door.

"Yes, I'm her father. May I know who you guys are?" The man asked.

They both introduced themselves and the old man happily welcomed them in his house. YN's mom also came to greet the two handsome young men.

None of the old couple had any marks on their necks, just like YN said. Jungkook and Taehyung eyed each other for a second and then Taehyung extended his hand for a handshake.

If they were witches with locked powers, something was supposed to happen when Tae shook their hands. But nothing happened. YN was different from her parents!! But it's not possible!

Taehyung then looked at Jungkook with surprised eyes and Jungkook took the hint.

"YN isn't your biological daughter, is she?" Jungkook asked all of a sudden making the old couple shocked.

"Wh-what are you talking about? Ho-how did you know?"

The old couple was reluctant to tell anything further and tried to get them out of their house. But after so much persuasion they finally decided to speak.

"We found her floating on the river when she was just an infant. We didn't have any child so we decided to keep her. But she doesn't know anything about this!"