Chapter 18

Back in the ancient times, demons were more powerful than witches and the more powerful they were, the more were their hunger for human flesh.

But as time passed, witches developed new spells and started hunting down demons one by one to save the humankind from their wrath. But it was not an easy job to hunt down a powerful demon. Many witches lost their lives in this process.

So the witches decided to hold a grand ritual which required sacrifice of royal blood. A royal witch willingly sacrificed his life for the ritual and after that the demons lost their powers.

Without their supernatural powers, they lost their unusual hunger for human flesh. But who wanted to live like a weakling? Everyone wanted power and everyone wanted to rule this world, the demons were not an exception.

While some demons disguised themselves as humans, some kept fighting with the witches. But without their magical powers they were nothing. They wanted to reverse the grand ritual and for this they were in need of a royal witch.

For centuries, the demons kept trying to reverse the grand ritual but they were unable to get hold of a royal witch. Until one day when they found luck on their side.

"Awee, they're so cute. Can I hold them mommy?" Four year old Namjoon requested his mother while admiring his newborn siblings.

"They're asleep baby, I'll let you know when they wake up, okay?" Replied Mrs Kim, feeling a little tired.

"I've already decided on their names. Do you wanna hear it mommy?"

"You did? Okay, tell me."

"He is Kim Taehyung and she is Kim Yeon."

Mrs Kim chuckled at his son's cuteness. Then a nurse came and gave her a medicine. Seeing the little kid wondering around, the nurse gave him a small juice bottle to drink.

Suddenly Mrs Kim started feeling dizzy and in no time she became unconscious. She woke up to a chaotic environment only to find that one of her babies was stolen. Mr Kim was talking to the police but they couldn't be of much help.

After a day later they somehow figured out that their baby girl was taken by the demons.

The demons almost completed their ritual and summoned the soul of their demon lord inside the baby's body. All that was left was to sacrifice the baby and they'll be powerful again.

But a herd of witches found them in the deep forest and due to the attack they were unable to complete the ritual. One of the demons, locked the dark soul inside that baby along with the baby's own powers, in the hope that when it's power would be unlocked, the nearby demons will be able to track her down and complete the ritual.

The witches managed to catch that demon but the baby was nowhere to be found.

Present~

Coming back from YN's hometown, Jungkook and Taehyung went to Aera's house at first. But when they found out that she had already been taken by two men, they hurriedly got back to the car and drove to Kim mansion in order to find Namjoon.

When they reached near the main gate, they saw a few people coming out of the Kim mansion. Both of them panicked thinking that they must have done something to YN.

Parking the car they both ran desperately inside the mansion and to their surprise, they found YN in one piece. Finally they left a sigh of relief while huffing to get some air.

Mrs Kim was crying hysterically while embracing YN in her arms while Mr Kim was patting YN's head very dearly. Namjoon just stood there with a shocked and surprised face.

"Did we miss something?" Taehyung asked all of a sudden, grabbing their attention.

All they did was stare at those two young lads. Not a single word came out of anyone's mouth. Finally YN decided to break the hug with Mrs Kim and ran towards the confused men.

For a moment Jungkook's eyes lit up, thinking that she was coming to him but the sparkle in his eyes soon faded when YN embraced Taehyung instead of him.

"Whoa... calm down little YN. I didn't know you missed me this much. If you love me that much then you should be my real girlfriend this time," Taehyung teased, showing his iconic boxy smile.

"Stop spitting nonsense, Tae. She's our sister, your twin!" Namjoon spoke finally.

Hearing the statement, Tae's reaction changed into a surprised yet happy one. His eyes lit up in pure amusement.

"My twin? Seriously? You're not pulling my legs, are you?" Taehyung asked again, unable to believe his ears.

Mrs Kim then cleared his doubt and once again Taehyung jumped on YN and hugged her like a koala bear. He always wanted to do that because it made both of them feel some kind of warmth. As they were twins, they always felt the bonding when their skin touched but till now they didn't realize what it actually meant!

Jungkook just stood there dumbfounded. Never in his wildest dream he imagined that she could be Tae's twin, his biggest rival. It would've been easier if Tae were some randon guy, but now that he's her brother 'would he let me go near her!' Jungkook thought to himself.

"Yo Jeon, look. She's my sister, she's mine only. So don't you ever dare to put your filthy hands on her," Taehyung declared very proudly while still hugging his dear sis.

YN broke the hug with Tae and looked at Jungkook. But Jungkook felt embarrassed and hung his head down. Softly nodding at Tae's remark, he walked away from that place with a heavy heart.

All Taehyung wanted was to mock Jungkook a bit. So seeing Jungkook's sulky face he felt very satisfied but it didn't last long when he noticed YN. She had a slight smile on her lips but yet the pain was clearly evident.

'They both like each other yet so egoistic to confess! Don't worry dear sis, I'll make that jerk confess no matter what!' Taehyung thought to himself.