Chapter 17

Later that day when YN went back home, Aera ran to her and wanted to ask her many things. But before she could say anything, YN hugged her tightly and started crying on her shoulder.

"What happened YN? Why are you crying like this? Did they do something to you or do you feel bad for Mrs Hwa?" Aera started asking random questions while patting her friend's back.

"I *sob* don't know *sob* why I'm so miserable like this. I *sob* just don't know."

YN spent an hour crying like this and didn't say a word. Aera tried to ask her many times but YN didn't budge. Tears kept falling down her cheeks like a waterfall.

After all her sorrows flowed down with her tears, she finally decided to hold herself together. She didn't want to cry for some arrogant jerk so it was better to forget about him. After taking a warm shower, she finally ate something.

She was tired both mentally and physically, so she wanted to take some rest. Both the friends got up from the dining table when the door bell rang!

"Umm, who are you?" Aera asked, seeing two elderly man standing in front of her door.

"Can you please call Miss YN? She needs to come with us."

"Who are you talking to?" YN asked, coming closer to the door.

It didn't take long for YN to realize who they were. She didn't want to go with them but if she refused, Aera would get suspicious. So she had no option but to give in.

They took her to a car and drove away. Aera stood at the door frame till the car vanished into the horizon. She was about to close her door when she saw Ji Eun in her car, sitting aimlessly and engrossed in her thoughts.

It was now a daily routine so Aera ignored her and went inside.

Time skip~

"So what makes you think she's a demon and moreover, she's the one who is behind all these killings?" One of the members of higher authority asked Namjoon.

Now the authority and both Mr and Mrs Kim were present at the Kim Mansion. YN's hands were tied with a special shiny rope to keep her from using any magic. At this point she was so worn out that she didn't say a thing and just sat there, keeping her head low.

"As I already said before, she has powers but no marks and she keeps lurking around my brother. The last body that was found, belongs to her neighbor and guess what, no one knows where she was last night except one person who I think is in love with her. So he can't be trusted," Namjoon explained in details.

Hearing the last parts, YN's eyes lit up in anticipation. For a moment she felt butterflies in her stomach but when she remembered Jungkook's behavior from this morning, the butterflies died down, making her sulk again.

"A demon doesn't have a mark and moreover, they're way more clever. So it's near impossible to detect them. Then why did she reveal herself? What do you think Mr Namjoon Kim?"

"The demons were silent all these years. Then why did they rise after all these years, right after she came into this town? Don't you think she has a plan to hunt the royal witches?" Namjoon stated firmly.

His words were very convincing but before accusing YN, the authority wanted to get her examined by a very elderly witch.

A few minutes later the old witch finally came. She was hundred years old and yet she looked strong, standing on her own two feet, without any help of others.

"Why did you tie her up with a rope? Poor girl, let me see you," the old lady said with a shaky voice while walking slowly towards YN.

Softly placing her wrinkly hand under YN's chin, she lifted up her face. YN was emotionless and looked at the old lady with her googly eyes.

Maybe the old witch felt something that made her smile in a weird way and then she took a glance at Mr and Mrs Kim, who were sitting quiet all this time.

"I think you guys should come here and see this, your highness!"

Hearing it, they became a little confused but stood up anyway and walked near YN.

The old witch placed her hand over YN's head and pressing firmly, started chanting a spell.

"Aaaaaarrrggghhh...."

YN started screaming in pain but it lasted only a few seconds as she fell unconscious. The old witch supported YN's head to keep her from falling down.

"She is indeed a witch but there's a demon soul trapped inside her, waiting to be free. I knocked out both of them, so now you can see the mark. But once they wake up, it'll be gone again," the old witch explained with a smile.

But when everyone saw her mark, they gasped loudly. A drop of tear unknowingly escaped Mrs Kim's eyes as she covered her mouth in surprise.

It was a crescent moon, along with a 'star', that only belonged to the royal family.