12.2

I wish it was over. I wish killing Wulfric solves everything, but it doesn't. It creates an entire new world of problems, and only a few of which I can solve. But to me, those are the only ones I care about right now.

It's night now, maybe eight or nine o'clock. I'm completely exhausted. Since I can't just go through the entrance gate, I had to climb my way around. The climbing and itself wasn't difficult, but it took a very long time.

Right now I'm walking around the campsite on victory road. It's halfway through the route on what looks like the remnants of a castle. I'm looking for Sage. He's most likely here. I'm sure he wouldn't have kept going, and I'm inclined to believe he's strong enough to get through Victory Road at a good speed.

There're a lot of people, which is pretty strange for this late in the summer. I guess a lot of kids started late this year.

I hear a grunt from behind me. It's Averie. I have her resting in my backpack right now. After doing a check up of my own, I couldn't find any life threatening injuries. There was a bruise forming on the left side of her face, but nothing else that I could find. No concussion, nothing broken, and nothing internal that I could figure. I wanted to take her to the Pokémon Center, but my plan could've been comprised. I know first aid so I'm confident in Averie's condition.

She mutters in a questioning tone.

"What is it Averie," I ask her softly. She nudges the left side of my neck and I turn in that direction. I scan the area before finally I spot someone I know: Cerise, her platinum blonde hair practically glowing. The others are also there and right in between Jasper and Russet is Sage. Step one complete. I start walking closer.

"Why isn't your name Russell," I hear Sage ask. I'm assuming the question is for Russet.

"Because," Russet begins. "Russet means reddish-brown and apparently my mom thought it'd be a good idea to name me after the color of my hair."

"It's not that bad," Cerise says, "to be named after a color."

"But at least your name sounds like a name. Most people think of the color when they hear my name."

"Actually," Peridot interjects, "They probably think of the potato." That earns a few snickers from the rest of the group.

"I'm named after a color." This is Sage again.

"I thought Sage was a plant," says Russet.

"It's also a color. So is Jasper."

"I thought that was like a mineral." That was Cerise.

"It's a color too. I think a blackish-green."

"I thought jasper was a reddish color."

"I could of sworn it was yellowish brown."

"No, you two are thinking of the gemstone. I'm talking about an actual color, like red or green or purple."

"And who exactly gives a fuck," Jasper interrupts. "How'd we even get on this topic?" He sounds like he's in a very bad mood.

"Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Russet mutters. He sits back and turns away from the group. His eyes light up when he sees me. "H-hi Sienna!" The rest of the five turn, looks of boredom, happiness, and confusion on their faces. They all greet me, except for Sage and Jasper.

Sage stands up. "W-why..." He trails off, slight fear in his voice.

I finish his sentence. "Am I here? Because I didn't want to stay there."

Sage frowns. "He wouldn't have just... What did you..." He gives up with his questions. "There's a reason you're here."

"Not exactly," I say. "I want to finish the journey. And I guess since you're here with them, I want to spend time with my brother." Not entirely untrue. I don't really want to finish, but I do want to spend time with my brother.