11.1

Sienna's P.O.V.

Yep. He tried to kill me. No doubt about it. He got angry and couldn't control his temper and almost ended my life.

That's exactly what happened.

Peridot and Jasper have stopped talking. Now Peridot is staring out into the crowd. I follow his line of sight and find him staring at his mother. She has blonde hair and green eyes like him, but that's where the similarities stop. She has a sort of regal, sophisticated air about her, a stark contrast to Peridot's laid-back demeanor.

The two make eye contact, causing Peridot to look away. His mother, however, keeps her gaze, even as she taps a boy's shoulder and presumably tells him to come and get Peridot.

The boy has light brown skin and very short, tightly curled hair. He has small eyes that are a strange mix of brown and green. He and Peridot look alike somewhat, though he appears older. The boy doesn't look very happy, troubled would be a better word. Like there are a thousand things he's thinking that could go wrong.

"Perry," he says to Peridot. "Your mom-"

"Tell her I'm not going," Peridot interrupts.

"But-"

"Isai just do it. I don't wanna go back home."

The boy, Isai, frowns. "She's not going to be very happy to hear that."

"Just go over there Perry," Jasper speaks up. "What's the worst that could happen?"

"A lot," Peridot mutters before getting up and lumbering over to him mom. Isai looks up at me and introduces himself. I do the same.

I can make a guess on why Peridot's parents want him to return home. They're most likely afraid for their son's well-being. I would never do anything to Peridot. Jasper too. And might as well include Isai. They're just kids. Though I make no promises.

"Sienna," Jasper says, finally confident with my name. "What would you do if your parents were making you do something you didn't want to?"

"I'm afraid my answer wouldn't really work for you."

"Anything'll work at this point," Jasper says. Do I really want to tell these kids to kill their parents? That doesn't seem very kid-friendly. Besides, what if that cues them in on what happened to Malachi. Even if I did it in self-defense, I'm a repeat offender.

"Run away," I say. Maybe I should have told them something they won't try to do... Oh well!

"Running away usually solves things," Jasper says. It sounds as if he speaks from experience so I haven't done too much damage. "We should go later tonight." Isai looks at him sideways.

"But they'll be expecting you to, so you can't do that."

Should I do something? Well, I do feel for them. I know how it feels to be in this situation, more or less. "We should go now," I say. "I'll walk outside with you guys to lower suspicions, then you guys make a run for it. I used to live around that area so I know a hiding spot." Jasper and Isai smile and look at each other, very satisfied with the plan. Peridot comes back a few minutes later looking very upset.

"Hey Perry," Jasper says excitedly. "We got a plan." Peridot looks at him dubiously, obviously not trusting his friend. "Sienna came up with it," Jasper says in resignation. This makes Peridot perk up. Isai tells him the plan. Peridot listens closely, his eyes getting brighter with each word. He looks up at me as if I'd just saved his life which, if my experience is anything to go on, I probably have.

"So do we just hide out there," Peridot asks after we'd finished.

"Pretty much," I say.

"And how will you cover it up?"