1.3

It's early when I awaken. Cerise is still asleep. Good. I didn't finish washing up. I go to the bathroom and wash my hands. I check my face to be safe. I'm clean. Excellent. I walk down out of the room. Jasper is there. His black hair is unkempt like his unfitting clothes.

"Good morning Sienna." He hesitates on my name, obviously unsure of it.

"Good morning Jasper. How are you today?"

He looks down. "Um, I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm doing well. Thank you for asking." The boy is shifting uncomfortably. What is wrong with him?

"I-I'm gonna go wake up Peridot." He walks away quickly and goes into the room him and Peridot shared. I follow him. I don't believe Peridot is asleep.

I press my head to the door. I was right. Peridot is awake.

"Perry, that girl is creepy!" That was Jasper's young voice. I guess Perry is Peridot. I don't like that. Peridot is a beautiful name. It shouldn't be shortened.

"Jazz, you just met her," Peridot replies. "You can't judge her yet. Maybe she's just awkward around new people."

"She sounds like a dead person! Plus, she's always smiling. It's too early to be smiling! Especially when your voice sounds boring."

I hear someone get up from a bed. I think it's Peridot since he's the one to talk next. "So you noticed that too?"

"What?"

"That she sounds like she's permanently bored."

"Well yeah. It's kind of hard to ignore."

Hmm... So my voice. This could be a problem. Is my acting not good enough? But I'm renowned for my acting skills. They're just kids, though. They don't know anything. But... if they notice it, won't Cerise, Malachi, and Russet notice. Too bad. They'll just have to deal with it.

I'm done listening. They've changed the topic now and it's getting quite boring. I walk down to where breakfast is being served. All I get is toast. No sense in eating too much in the morning. I look outside to a large field in the back. That must be where trainers battle. Russet is there with a Azumarill and Skiddo. I go out to him.

"Good morning Sienna," he greets.

"Good morning Russet. Are you training for a gym battle." I ask gym battle specifically since the gym leader of Cyllage City is rock type and considering his Pokemon...

"Not my own," he responds. "These are Cerise's Pokemon. She's the gym battle person. I'm just getting them ready for the battle since she's sleep." He motions for me to come closer which I do.

"This is Vandy and Setter," he says pointing to the Azumarill and Skiddo respectively.

I wave at them. "Russet, you don't do gym battles?"

"Nu-uh. I'm training to be a coach."

"Does Malachi battle in gyms?"

"No. He's training to be a Pokemon field scientist."

Cerise comes outside fully dressed in a skirt and tank top. "Thanks Russ," she yells.

"No problem," he yells back. "Are ya ready?"

"Yup! Vandy, Setter! Let's go." The two Pokemon cheer and go after their trainer. I look at Russet. His face tells the story.

"She doesn't know where the gym is, does she?"

"She has no clue." He's smiling. "Come on. We can still catch her. The others should be awake by now."

- - - - -