13.2

Two Weeks Later...

"And here he is, the first champion if the Kalos League this summer: Sage Glaçon!"

He won. He had to. Had. Not anymore. Should I have told Sage? Like that would've made things between us better. Honestly, I'm surprised he doesn't know. I guess no one wants to tell him yet. But he would know by now, wouldn't he? It's been over two weeks.

I take my headphones out of my ears. They aren't talking about anything else on the news right now other than all of the wins at the Kalos League. I actually kind of feel sorry for the region. They never get any respect from the others.

Thirty people have won in the last two weeks, more than two people each day. Sage. Canna, she put up a good battle. This kid that came close last year. Their battle was fun to watch.  There was that one girl who helped Cerise that time. Wasn't her name Psychic or something? I enjoyed her battle a lot.

Anyway, since the summer season is over, the kids that won are all going to receive medals. I still have mine. I'm bringing it with me. Akia says I'll need it.

Speaking of her, she's lying on the bed across from me curled up with Averie. She's sleeping; she's done a lot in the past couple of weeks trying to protect me. Valerie is so exhausted, she's taking a break from the gym. She left KC in charge in case someone wants to challenge her.

Someone comes in over the intercom. "We will be arriving at our destination in five minutes."

I guess I should wake up Akia. I shake her a few times before she comes to. "What is it Si-Si?"

"We're almost there." She sits up slowly, still cradling Averie in her hands. She stretches before falling back down onto the bed.

"Ready to walk," she says tiredly. Averie woke up when she stretched and is currently trying to fall back asleep. "Johto is a lot smaller than Kalos. If we do a speed run like you guys did, we should make it to Ecruteak City by nightfall."

I nod and start gathering my things. I don't really know the plan, but I trust Akia. She's the only one I can trust. I rummage through my bags to male sure I have the things Akia specifically told me to bring: Trainer ID, Pokédex, league medal, pocket knife, badge case, and a guide book.

Akia stands up and shakes out her hair. "Do you know the plan?" I shake my head. She never told me anything. Akia smiles. "Good, cuz we don't exactly have one! Now don't look at me like that. What we do have..." She takes a piece of paper from her shorts' pocket. It's strange, I've only ever seen her in dresses. "...is a 'to do' list. I came up with it the night you told me Wulfric was dead." I take the paper from her.

Step One: Leave Kalos. Check. (Hmm, so that was her intent from the beginning.)

Step Two: Talk our way onto a ocean liner. Check. (That was an adventure.)

Step Three: Arrive in Johto. Check (in about two minutes.)

Step Four: Get to Ecruteak.

And finally, Step Five: Have some fun!!! ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

I'm quoting.

"What do you mean by have some fun," I ask her.

Akia picks up Averie and shakes her to wake her up. She's been feeling better the last few days. Her bruise is fading. "What I always mean. Cause some 'mischief.' She giggles and throws on her backpack.

"Attention passengers, we have arrived at Olivine City in Johto Region. Thank you for choosing Olivine Incorporated. Please enjoy your stay."

"Let's go Si-Si!"

- - - - -
"Question."

"Ask away, little cousin."

"Why Ecruteak?"

She walks backwards to talk to me. "It's where Valerie's from. She has some connections here still. Morty, the gym leader, and the Kimono girls."

I nod and she turns back around. I can see light further ahead. That must be Ecruteak City. Johto is such a rural place. I haven't seen so much as a building for miles.

We get to the city a few minutes later. It's pretty late at night, but the town is still pretty busy.

"Akia, the gym's that way." It looks like the one in Olivine, except with purple accents instead of silver. I guess all of the gyms in Johto are regulated.

"Akia?" She doesn't respond and stops walking.

I look at her. She has a mischievous glint in her eyes. "What are you doing," I ask. "I thought we were going to the gym first."

She looks at me then back to the spot that held her attention before. I follow her line of sight to a rickety old tower. Scorch marks cover its surface. It looks unstable and dangerous.

"Let's go," Akia says smiling. "Don't worry. At least you can trust me." She grabs my arm and starts walking towards the tower

"That thing could come crashing down out any minute."

Then again, so could we.

- - - - - - - - - -
Aaaaaannnnnd Finish! Wooooo! I finished something again!

I know, kinda anticlimactic but hey, it's a conclusion!

Okay so, since I know I'll make a long winded speech, I'm going to post one final author's note after this chapter, okay?

Any who, thank y'all so much! Now time to proofread this mess...

I hope you enjoyed my story and will stick around for more. (Speaking of which, I posted a 'Halloween' type one-shot. Check it out if you'd like ^^)

Alright peoples! See you, um, I don't really know. But I will see you guys again! Bye~~~~~~~!!!