4.1

Canna sends out a Vaporeon named Ren. Sienna responds by sending out Setter, her Skiddo.

"Alright, Alright," the blonde boy says. His name is Adon. I need to remember that. "First move is decided by a coin toss. Cerise, heads or tails?" The blonde girl thinks for a second before saying heads. A....dele? No, Adon. Adon takes out a silver coin and flips it. The coin lands on the ground softly.

"It's heads," he announces. "Cerise gets the first move. Alright, listen up ladies! This'll be a two on two match, switching allowed. The match'll be over when both Pokémon on either side is unable to battle, if a third Pokémon on either side is sent out, or if one or both trainers forfeit. The match'll be declared a draw if both Pokémon on both sides are deemed unable to battle." He looks back at Russet. "Am I forgetting anything?" Russet shakes his head no. "Alright, alright! And...begin!"

"Okay! Setter, use Razor Leaf!" The foliage around Setter's neck glow green and a cluster of fluorescent leaves speed towards the Vaporeon.

"Ren, Acid Armor," Canna calls. Ren's body quickly turns to liquid starting from her snout. Once the leaves reach her, they pass almost harmlessly through get liquefied body.

"What the hell?!" Cerise exclaims. "Is that even legal?!" Canna laughs...strangely.

"Yes Cerise. That's completely legal. Anywho, Ren, use Aqua Ring!" Ren fires a burst of water into the air. The trail falls back down and envelopes her in multiple rings of water. Mixed with her liquefied form, it's really a stunning display. Ren and the rings glow for a second before they stop. That must be the healing part.

"Umm," Cerise says nervously. "Setter...use Tail Whip."

"Are you kidding me," Russet groans as Setter's tail glows and wags. I decided to join the others who were sitting at the table when the battle started. "She should have used Tail Whip from the get go. Especially knowing a Vaporeon. She's screwed now." I turn my attention back to the battle. Canna almost looks like she wants to laugh.

"Ren, use Aurora Beam." A ball of light forms at Ren's mouth before she launches a beautiful multicolored beam of light at Setter. It hits the grass type's head on who lets out a cry.

"Setter, you okay buddy," Cerise asks. The Mount Pokémon nods shakily. "O-okay. Use Synthesis." Setter lifts his head up and the leaves on his back glimmers a pale shade yellow. He was obviously hurt a lot by Aurora Beam.

"Don't give him time to heal. Use Water Pulse and aim straight for his snout!" Ren releases a blue ball of energy towards Setter.

"Setter, look out!" But it's too late. The ball his just as Setter tilts his head down, leaving the dual typed Pokémon coughing and spluttering.

"Was that necessary," Cerise growls. Canna laughs her strange laugh.

"No, not really. But who cares. Ren, end it!" That's all Canna says but the Bubble Jet Pokémon knows exactly what to do: Aurora Beam. She launches the multicolored beam of ice, ending the battle between her and Setter.

"Skiddo is unable to battle," A...riel? No. Adon! Adon announces. "Vaporeon is the winner!"

"Dammit," Cerise grumbles before returning Setter to his Pokéball. "You did good Setter. You did good."

"That he did," Canna says before returning Ren to her Pokéball. "Ridary, it's showtime!" She throws up another Pokéball, how she knows which one still puzzles me, and out pops a Quilladin.

"Why'd you switch out," Cerise asks.

"I want to give Ren a break. She did a lot back there." There's a pause. "Well come on, who's your next Pokémon?"