Chapter 13: Limits

(This is the last chapter for season 1. It will mainly be here competition and other events. Please comment anything you want to see in the upcoming chapters)

At the party

I was walking around talking to cam when I noticed liv by the alcohol. I ran over and grabbed her glass.

"What the hell, Ace?" She demanded.

"You cant drink, you know this," I told her.

"I can do what I want, " she snapped grabbing another cup, which I grabbed awsell.

"You worked to damn hard to give up a year of sobriety for your daddy to make you drink. You are stronger then this Liv," I told her grabbing that cup again.

"Sorry, I dont know what I was thinking," she sighed.

"Liv, that's why I'm here. To stop you," I told her.

"Did you know?" Jordan asked coming up to me.

"For a day. It wasnt my place," I told him.

"Why did everyone know but us?" He asked.

"I don't know. It isnt right," I said softly.

He kept glaring at me, making me slightly afraid. I shrunk back into liv.

"I need a drink," he said after a minute before stomping off.

"You okay?" She asked.

I nodded my head and left to find Spencer. Suddenly sharp pains went down my back and I leaned against the wall to keep me up.

"Just one more day. One more damn day," i mumbled to my self.

Time skip - her competition, after the game

"You nervous?" Seth asked me as he started pacing more.

"We will be fine," I said to him.

I opened a bottle of ibuprofen and took five. I know that's alot but I had to get through this competition. I have our marching band, then my solo.

"We are next. I'm gonna puke," I said pacing.

"It may be you ODing on ibuprofen, " seth suggested.

"Maybe that," I told him.

We walked out and got ready to start our routine. I was nervous as hell. Ome wrong move and my back could go completely out.

We were halfway through when a percussionist screwed up and ran into my back. I let put a Yelp of pain but continued. Tears were falling as I continued to play. I had to get through this. I could get through this.

My hands kept going numb, I was trying praying my muscle memory was strong. My adrenaline was rushing and all i can think is.

What the hell have i done.

We finally ended the songs and marched off the feild. I was crying harder. My back was hurting really bad and my fingers were tingling.

"Darlin, what's wrong?" Spencer asked running up to me.

"Nothing. I have a solo," I said panicking.

"Your lying," asher said.

"I said I'm fine!" I screamed.

My brother raised his hands in surrender. I saw jordan shoot me a knowing look. My breath was coming out ragged.

"Darlin, look at me. Whatever is going on you will be fine," spencer said grabbing my hand.

My eyes widened. They are completely numb and I have a solo in five minutes.

"I have to go. I have my solo," I said unsteadily.

Me and my friends walked over to my solo. I made it just in time.

"Ace Adams. Percussion solo!"

I walked up and picked up the drumsticks, but I couldnt tell. I took in a shaky breath as I got ready to play.

"You got this!" Olivia whisper yelled in the audience.

I offered her a weak smile and started.

As I played I had no feeling in my hands and it was purely practice that built muscle memory. When I finally got done a smile spread across my face because I did it.

"We will have the results in ten minutes," the lady annoucned.

I was the last soloist to preform. I walked shakily over to the others. I offered them all weak smiles as we waited. I kept clenching and clenching my hands praying to feel them.

Finally, after ten minutes she walked up there.

"In third place, Seth Walker!" I clapped for my friend as he accepted the trophy.

I made eye contact with diego who sent me a cocky smirk. Its between us and he knows it. I took a deep breath and prayed not to be called next.

"In second place. Diego Hargroves!" I let out a sigh of relief as he reluctantly walked up there.

"And in first place. Ace Adams!" My friends erupted in cheers as I accepted the trophy.

Diego flipped my off as I walked back and I sent him the gesture.

"Just wait," he mouthed.

I rolled my eyes at him amd walked over to my friends. Before they could speak a message went out over the coms.

"Marching band results are in. In third place, Malibu!" Everyone in the room clapped.

"In second place, Sputh Crenshaw!"

I smirked over at diego again. He sent me a mean glare but I just smiled.

"In first place. Beverly high!"

"I'm so proud of you!" Asher said bringing me into a bone crushing hug.

Whatever angle he hugged me from, however, sent my injury over the edge. I let out a yelp as I fell to the floor.

"Ace. What's wrong?" Asher asked.

"I cant feel my legs!" I yelled panicking.

"What?" Spencer asked.

"I can't feel my legs. I cant feel hands. Help," I said sobbing.

I saw olivia calling 911. People gathered around but JJ and Jordan tried to stop them.

Asher amd spencer sat on either side if my and grabbed my hands. I sat there and cried and waited for the emts to arrive.

Whatever I've done, it isnt good.

(A/N. Last time to guess. What have she done to her back (keep ya mind out of the gutter))