Chapter 24: Paries and Darnells Mom

(Question of the day. What's the best chapter I have written and why do you think it's the best?)

"Good morning, baby," carnell said pulling me closer to him.

"Good morning," I said back.

"Is today when I go to UCLA?" He asked me.

"Yep. And they are going to let you commit. I know it," I said, turning to face him.

"Damn I hope so. This is the college I want to go to if I ever want to go pro," he told me, a smile forming on his face.

"Well you might want to get ready. I'm gonna help mama grace cook breakfast for you bunch of animals," I told my boyfriend.

"We are growing boys!" He yelled after me.

"Animals!" I argued back.

I walked out to see a women in the livingroom.

"Sorry Miss James, I didnt know you had company over,"I said then turned to the woman,"I'm Ace Adams."

"Renea Hayes," she said, looking me up and down.

"Wait, are you-"

"Mom. What are you doing here?" Darnell asked coming up behind me.

"I've come to take you home," she told him.

"What the hell. No!" Darnell yelled.

"Pretty boy, chill," I whispered to him.

He shot me a glare and i put my hands up in surrender. Then he shot that glare to his momma.

"You arent taking me home. I'm happy here. Everything is about to fall into place. Besides, I thought you loved being a soldier more then a mother!" He yelled at her.

I just grabbed darnells hand and ran comforting circles on his hand. Darnell was shaking with anger.

"I didn't mean that," she told him softly.

"Really. Becuase you left. You left me in the house by myself. So no, I'm not going to Germany with you."

"You need to come home," she reiterated.

"It isnt home," he growled and pushed by her where Spencer was waiting by the door.

"Good luck guys," I told the both of him.

"Good luck with your julliard audition," darnell told me.

Once they left renea turned to me.

"Julliard?"

"Apperently I'm good at the drums."

"Your his girlfriend?" She asked me.

"Yes maam," I said smiling.

"Hm. I just didnt think you were her type," she said looking me up and down.

"Ok. You are not going to insult Ace in my house. So, would you like something to drink while we wait for them," Mama grace told her.

"Sure. Water. I want to talk to Ace some more," she told me.

"I actually have to record my julliard audition. It's due tomorrow, " I told her.

"You procrastinate?"

"There's been a lot going on. I hope to talk to you later miss Hayes. Bye miss James," I told her and went to walk home.

"Cam! You here!" I yelled.

"Yeah."

"After I get looking halfway decent can you help me record my Juilliard audition?"