Chapter 12: When secrets are revealed

(Alrighty. Question of the day. What has ace done to her back?)

Me and Spencer arrived at his house, him being visibly shaken. I didnt know how to help him. Not with this. Then we walking into his house to see his father standing in the living room.

"Hello son," he said looking at Spencer.

"I'll go," I told spencer.

"Stay," he asked me, his eyes begging.

"Okay," I whispered.

"And you have no right to call me son," spencer told cory.

"Spencer!" Mama grace scolded.

"No. Hes right," cory told her.

I mean Spencer's right...I just didnt think cory would agree.

"Hello spencer. Who's this?" He asked motioning to me.

"I'm ace," I said shyly.

"This is my girl," he said proudly.

"I'm glad you found someone," he said smiling, but Spencer wasnt smiling.

I get cory is an ass for leaving, but I pictured a way worse person. It would be easier to hate a way worse person.

"Why are you here?" Spencer asked.

"To have a relationship with you. To be in your life," he told his son.

"You couldnt have done that eleven years ago?" Spencer asked.

"Spencer-"

"Go. Your eleven years to late," Spencer said coldly.

Cory gave me a pleading look but I shook my head no. I get why Spencer is mad. I feel that way all time with my parents.

Once he left Spencer lost it. I pulled him tightly into a hug as he started to cry.

"Its okay spence. Its okay," I told him, rubbing his back.

"I hate him!" Spencer yelled.

"Shush. Its okay," I comforted.

"Screw him! He left me! For eleven years! Eleven years Ace. Why now?" He asked, his voice breaking in the end.

"I dont know Spence."

"Why was I never good enough. Why he only want me know. Is it becuase I'm a football star. Is that it? Why wasnt I enough before?" He asked in hysterics.

"You were always enough. Always," I said, then placed a kiss on his forehead.

I saw grace standing there crying, staring at the scene. Then I saw Dillion come from his room.

"What happened?" Dillion asked.

"Nothing. Head to your room," I told him.

"Why is Spencer crying?" he asked.

"He sprained his ankle and was being stubborn and walking on. No big deal. Head to bed little one," I said calmly.

He rolled his eyes then went to his room.

"Can you stay here?" Spencer asked me.

I gave grace a look to ask if I could. She nodded her head yes.

"You always welcome here Ace," she told me.

I went to Spencer's room. He collapsed on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

"It will get better," I said laying next to him.

"Thank you for staying," he said.

"I will always stay."