Chapter 10 - Icing

There's nothing quite like making an entrance

There's nothing quite like making an entrance. That moment when you enter a space, making a point of getting everyone's attention, drawing everyone's eyes to you in the process. It's not something that is easily done, it requires a degree of confidence to command people unconsciously in such a way, making them notice you instantly.

It wasn't part of your plan to draw the whole office from their work, to have them attentively watching you as you strutted to your desk, but the red dress really did work wonders.

You'd arrived at 8am, on the dot, carrying your bag and a large tray of cupcakes. Only when looking up from your desk did you realise the impact your entrance had stirred.

"What?" You ask Morgan, raising a questioning brow. He shoots you a devilish smirk in return, leaning forward in his chair.

"I think you just caused half of the office's heart rates to rise." Morgan replies, throwing a quick glance at the scattering of desks.

"And not just the men. Red is definitely your color." Prentiss chirps, sending a wink.

"It practically went silent. Even pretty boy peeled his eyes from his book." Morgan teases, raising his eyebrows at Reid.

"I was just looking at the cupcakes." Reid states, rolling his eyes. His cheeks flush a little, which causes you to laugh.

—————-

Lunchtime soon arrived, signaling it was time for you to actually get something to eat. Hotch hadn't made an appearance all morning, intently working at his desk, a frustrated expression donning his face. You wanted to check in on him but didn't want to raise suspicions, so opted against it.

Halfway through the morning the team had moved into the conference room, flicking through and completing the last of the reports that needed finishing together. Even Rossi had joined the group, although he was just chatting, having already got all his paperwork finished.

Emily offers to get lunch for you, saying she was going down with JJ, and that we could eat together at the table. You agree, thanking her, and make your way back to your desk to grab the cakes you'd made.

On your way, you go and grab Garcia, since it looked like we were having a team lunch. She's sat in front of one of her many computer screens, typing away at her desk.

"Hey PG, we're having lunch together. And I made cupcakes. Emily is grabbing some food with JJ, you coming?" You ask entering the room.

"Oh honey, you had me at cupcakes. Be there in 5." Penelope exclaims, swirling in her chair to bless you with a bright smile.

Part of you really wants to go and disturb Hotch, to ask him to join you and the guys so he actually has a break, but your subconscious says no. These types of interactions would start to alert the team to what was going on between you and Hotch, whatever that was.