Chapter 23 - Loss

"Ana, you're back?" JJ exclaims, coming to stand by your side, pulling you into a side hug

"Ana, you're back?" JJ exclaims, coming to stand by your side, pulling you into a side hug. You look to Aaron, watching as his stern expression softens slightly when you make eye contact. He exhales and some of the tension in his shoulders dissipates. He seems relieved to see you and your heart soars.

"Of course I'm here, my family needed me. Wouldn't have been of any use half way across the globe, would I?" You look directly at Aaron, hoping he understands that you mean him most importantly.

"But what about the task force? About Pakistan?" Reid asks as he looks at you, sweeping over your attire. Maybe you should have changed, as the sand coloured cargo print is awfully noticeable.

"It's not important, it's been handled. You've got me for as long as you need me. Anyway, I didn't mean to interrupt or divert you from the issue at hand." Waving a hand in a circling motion, you try and prompt the team to continue the discussion.

Your eyes widen, as you think back to what you just announced, "Sorry, I've just realised what I said Hotch. I- I didn't mean to imply that you're deteriora-"

"It's all right. I know he's been watching me. It's part of the reason I stepped down so he'd think I was falling apart." He cuts you off before you can finish and you nod in understanding, similarly trying to hide your annoyance that he'd not mentioned that to you sooner.

"So what are we going to do about the two cities? Usually we need to three different points to get an accurate geographic profile." JJ draws the groups attention back to the map.

"That's all we've got right now." Morgan responds.

"Ok, me and the boy found a thyroid medication that has no substitute over the counter. You've gotta get it from a pharmacist. But a lot of people are on it." Garcia strides into the room, eyes pinned to her laptop as she types on the keyboard profusely.

"Find the midpoint between the two cities and isolate the names in twenty five mile radius." Rossi instructs.

"One hundred and fifty three names." Garcia informs instantly.

"Well, he's not gonna use his own name. What kind of aliases should we be looking for?" Morgan asks aloud.

"He could have easily stolen someone's identity." Emily states and Hotch shakes his head.

"No, he's a narcissist in love with his own mythology. He'd use a name connected with the case." Hotch announces, looking up from the file he's started flicking through.

"A victim, maybe, a cop." You suggest, looking over Garcia's shoulder. Her head springs up at the sound of your voice and you talk before she has the chance to, "I know, but it's not the time. Check the Foyet files for a list of names."

She nods and directs her attention back to the screen, and you squeeze her shoulder in silent thanks.

"Nothing." You sigh, flickering your eyes to Reid as he moves to stand up.