Chapter 6 - Headaches

You knew this case was going to be physically and mentally testing from the beginning

You knew this case was going to be physically and mentally testing from the beginning. The fact that Hotch had ordered the team to Boston before we'd even been officially requested was the first hint. He'd been tense and extra short with the team during the journey to the jet. And when he finally informed you that he'd been the lead profiler ten years ago, you knew this was personal.

"If you stop hunting me, I will stop hunting them.
For as long as we both shall live.
'Til death do us part."

That's what the letter had said. The ultimate power play. And now the Boston Reaper was killing again.

It was after the second couple were murdered when Hotch finally delivered the profile that he'd been working on for the last ten years.

The reaper is an omnivore, someone who doesn't target a specific victim type. A predator that would kill anyone. However, he liked to pay closer attention to his younger female victims, stabbing them excessively. A hebephile, someone who was attracted to post-pubescent children. Teenagers.

Garcia had been asked to help find George Foyet but was coming up short. He was the only living survivor. The 9th victim. There was no trace of him. It was as if he was dead, and even then records still existed, Garcia had informed.

Hotch was massively frustrated, annoyed we were coming up short. But he was able to call in a favour with a reporter, who was very familiar with the case, having written a book on the Reaper.

Roy Colson helped the team with George Foyet, having interviewed him. He'd been given one of Foyet's aliases, sharing it with Hotch.

So that's where you currently were. Sat in the back of the SUV with Hotch and Rossi. Scoping a street.

"That's him." Hotch says, exiting the vehicle. You followed and crossed the street, walking toward the limping male.

"George Foyet?" Hotch asks. The man stops, a concerned expression appearing on his face.

"It's ok. We're FBI. This is agent Rossi and agent Brooke. I'm agent Hotchner. We met once before. Do you remember?" He states. You display your badge to try and put the man at ease.

"Yeah, I remember. Would you mind if we get off the street, please?" He utters, looking over his shoulder.

"Sure." Hotch replies. He looks to you and Rossi, and turns to follow Foyet.

You take in his place of residence, scanning your surroundings briefly.

"How'd you guys find me?" Foyet asks, coughing slightly.

"Roy Colson." Hotch says. Foyet looks to you all again, his eyebrows drawing together.

"Well, is this gonna take long? 'Cause I really can't be late for work." He asks again, shaking some medication into his hand.

"What do you do?" Hotch says, ignoring his question.

"I'm a freelance computer specialist with the city."