t w e n t y

"Good morning!" The boys poofed into my room, Julie walking in with them.

"Nooo, go away i'm sleepingggg." I mumbled back, pulling the blanket over my head. "I had a rough night."

"Reg said you were getting those jolts too?" Luke jumped onto the bed, sitting beside me.

I sighed, sitting upright and pulling the blanket off of my head. "Yeah, Caleb must have used his stamp on me too when he kidnapped me..." I stared at my blanket, nervously fidgeting with the fabric. "I'm not a ghost so I don't have unfinished business right? I don't know how to get rid of them."

"I don't wanna lose you..." Julie whispered from across the room, the boys and I turning to look at her.

"You won't." Alex told her. "We're gonna figure this out, I promise."

"Have you guys figured out what your unfinished business is?" I asked the guys, hugging my knees.

"Uh yeah, we uhm...we have to play the Orpheum." Reggie scratched the back of his neck.

"The Orpheum? But that's like--"

"Impossible, we know." Luke cut me off, a bitter look on his face. "It took us years to get that gig and even then we had to call in every favor we could. People don't just play the Orpheum because they want to."

"People don't." Julie smirked.

"But ghosts do." I finished for her.

The boys looked a bit more excited now, looking at each other eagerly. I nodded to Julie, grinning a bit myself. The Orpheum! I had always wanted to preform at the Orpheum. Although, I knew it was very unlikely for me to alone. I was glad that we had a chance now, and the boys could cross over...they could be free. 

Time Skip

Julie and I paced around the studio nervously, staring around at everything on the walls. It had been about an hour since the guys had gone to the Orpheum to hopefully get us a gig. I had been praying all the while that Willie's plan had worked out. 

"Oh my god, where are they?" Julie groaned.

"U-Uhm, hopefully making this plan work!" I responded nervously.

Suddenly, the three boys poofed into the studio, grinning eagerly. Julie and I raced towards them, taking turns asking an abundance of breathless questions.

"Did it work? Are they gone? Do they need an opening band? Do they know us? Are we in? Are we playing? Why is nobody answering me?!" I rambled, eyes wide.

"Woah, that's a lot of questions. Luke you wanna take this one?" Reggie suggests.

Luke walks towards us. "Take a seat." We sit down. "It's fine, everything's fine."

Julie and I let out a breath of relief, squeezing each other's hands excitedly.

"Actually, you should be getting a call rightttt now!" Alex pointed to my cell phone which remained silent on the coffee table.

We looked at him anxiously. "Okay, okay. Rightttt now!" He points again.

At first my phone lies there quietly, not a sound vibrating from it. Then, as if on que, the screen brightens and it begins to ring to life, vibrating around the table. We all jump up excitedly, cheering.

"Answer it!" Everyone tells me.

I pick up the phone, pressing accept. "Hello?"

"Hi this is Tara from the Orpheum. Is this Katherine of Jatie and the Phantoms?" The voice on the other line asks.

I began to jumping around excitedly, Julie bouncing on the couch beside me and Luke jumping over the arm chair. I waved my hand for silence, hopping off the couch.

"Yes this is Katherine."

The celebrating started again as we ran around the room excitedly. I jumped up on the coffee table, twirling around happily.

"Hi there, would your band Jatie and the Phantoms be willing to open for Panic! at the Disco tonight at the Orpheum?" She says into the phone.

"Yeah we'd love to!" I laughed.

She chuckles. "Okay great, see you tonight!" And I hang up the phone.

I let out an excited scream, jumping up and down. Alex takes a running leap, the guys picking him up Dirty Dancing lift style and spinning him around. Julie jumps onto the table beside me.

"We're playing the Orpheum baby!" She shouts, throwing her hands into the air.

"Yeah!" I laugh.

"I'm swimming!" Alex grins, doing a swimming motion with his arms.

I shake my head, chuckling as the boys put him down. Reggie runs over to me, grabbing me by the waist and twirling me around in his arms. I giggle, resting my arms on his shoulders as he spins me. He drops me slightly so we're eye level.

"We did it! We're gonna play the Orpheum!" He says, overjoyed.

I grin, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Yes, yes we are Reginald Peters." 

He smiles, pressing another quick kiss to my nose before putting me down. "Ewwww!" Luke points to us, his nose wrinkled like a little kid who just witnessed their parents kissing.

"Oh grow up Lucas!" I stick my tongue out at him. 

"Says the one who just stuck their tongue out." Julie snickers.

"Oh shut it little Molina." I roll my eyes with a smile, letting go of Reggie. "I still can't believe we're playing to Orpheum. This is the most amazing thing like...ever! I'm gonna miss you guys so much. You mean the world to me, but I refuse to let you stay here and suffer even more for Jules and I." I look towards her and she nods in agreement. "I love you three so much."

The boys stumble towards me, engulfing me in a tight hug. I rest my forehead against Alex's chest, wrapping my arms around him as Luke and Reggie hug me from the sides. 

"You mean everything to us too, Kat. And you too Julie." Luke says, smiling at her. "Tonight, is going to be the best show of our lives. Well, afterlives." He chuckles.

I hopped back up onto the coffee table. "So let's give them a show that they'll be talking about until the sun rises!" 

"Yeah!" Julie grinned.

"And the best show anyone in this room has ever played." I stuck my hand out, the rest of them putting theirs over mine. "Phantoms on three."

"1..."

"2..."

"3..."

"Phantoms!"

Hey y'all, it's been a hot minute! Hope this wait wasn't too terrible. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, have a great night luvs! <3