t w e n t y | t w o

"You know you wanna take a chance. And be a little bit bad, ain't nothing quite like living in on the edge, so get ready to go. I'm chasin' down a thrill, and lookin' fit to kill. So listen to the words a wise man said. He said 'Covington, I got an offer that you can't refuse.' Ha!" Caleb spun around on the stage, pointing to the four of us behind the shimmering curtain.

I took a nervous step back, looking straight at him. His menacing gaze pierced through me, chilling me to the bone.

"You got nothing to lose, boys, lose, lose, lose. You got nothing to lose, boys, lose, lose, lose. You got nothing to lose! Welcome to my stage, boys, you know you want a little taste. Life's short, not a minute to waste. I'll take you higher than you've ever been so come over and tell me how you'd like to begin. You got nothing to lose, boys, lose, lose, lose. You got nothing to lose, boys, lose, lose, lose. You got nothing to lose!" He turns again, pointing to Alex.

I glanced over at Alex worriedly, watching as the boy's hand involuntarily rose. He twirled his drumstick around in his hand. 

"Alex!" I gasped as he poofed onto the stage, a horrified expression on his face.

"Alex, show me what you've got." Caleb grinned at Alex, nodding his head to the beat.

Reggie jerked forward and I grabbed his arm, trying to pull him back. "Reg, no!" I wailed, my fingers gripping the fabric of his sleeve.

He glanced at me sadly, jerking forward again and poofing onto the stage. I stumbled forward, glancing at Luke. He frowned at me in concern.

"Reggie, swing, baby." Caleb chuckled as Reggie strummed his bass. 

"Now Luke~" He sang, pointing to Luke. 

Luke shook his head, strumming at the chords on his guitar. He was slowly being pulled towards the stage, jumping back and forth and violently shaking his head. He was resisting. We could do this, he was resisting!

"Luke!" I called to him.

He looked over his shoulder at me distractedly, his face falling in fear as he poofed onto the stage. 

"Now Katie! You and me!" Caleb grinned at me.

I bit my lip angrily, glaring at him. My guitar swung into my arms, my hands plucking the strings. Caleb beckoned me forward and I could feel my legs sliding. I shook my head. No! Reggie, Alex, and Luke are turned to look at me, shaking their heads. Willing me to resist. I maintained furious eye contact with the magician before me, stepping backwards as I played my guitar along to the chords. Caleb bit his lip, beckoning me forward with his hand. My feet stumbled forward again and I gasped as I tripped. Without skipping a beat, Caleb snapped his fingers and poofed me onto the stage.

"No!" I gasped.

We circled each other, my face hard with anger and his lips curled up into a taunting smile. It kind of reminded me of a Cheshire cat. Reggie, Alex, and Luke all played their instruments behind me, glancing at one another fearfully.

"How do you like my new band?" Caleb chuckled, spinning to face the audience.

I took this as my opportunity, breaking out of his little musical trance. I let my guitar fall on its strap, slinging it over my back before jutting my leg out and sweeping it under Caleb's legs. The tall man let out a loud surprised yelp, falling forward and tumbling from the stage. 

"Luke, Alex, Reggie!" I screamed, running off the stage.

The boys broke from the trance, racing after me excitedly. I skidded to a stop inside of the small backstage room, turning to face them.

"Kat that was amazing!" Reggie laughed in awe.

He leaned forward, sliding his hands around my waist and pressing a longing kiss to my lips. I smiled into the kiss, closing my eyes briefly before pulling back.

"This is it guys." I held one of Reggie's hands in my own and grabbed the two other boy's hands. "Tonight we play the show of our dreams." A jolt passed through the four of us before I continued. "Tonight, you cross over. And I just want to say...I'll miss you three. So fucking much. You three are my world, you brought music back into Julie's life, helped me to see that I was more than just the big sister. You showed me how to love, how to forgive, and how to be a really awesome friend. You guys aren't just my friends, my band...you're my family. I love you guys." I pulled them into a group hug, feeling a tear roll down my cheek. "Now let's go see Julie."

I stepped back, nodding to them. Alex leaned forward, kissing my forehead lovingly. I smiled, leaning towards him slightly before he poofed away.

"Reg, you go next." I told him.

He stared at me, a mix of pure love and sadness in his eyes. The taller boy leaned down and pressed another sweet kiss to my lips before poofing out as well. I looked at Luke, smiling softly.

"It's your turn." I said a bit quietly. 

"You're the best little sister I could ever want." He smiled at me, wrapping his arms around me.

I leaned my head against his chest, exhaling shakily. "Thank you for helping me." I whispered, sniffling.

"No regrets." He nodded to me before poofing away. 

"Now it's my turn."

I knew I wasn't a ghost but I knew I had some sort of power. I had to. I closed my eyes, concentrating long and hard, but still nothing. 

"You." 

I looked up, my eyes wide. Caleb.

"You ruined my show, pissed me off and embarrassed me. You're not going anywhere." He sneered, lunging towards me.

I jumped backwards, smirking a bit. "Not today satan! It was nice knowing you but I have a show to get to!" I saluted him, poofing out of the room.

Pleasant tingles encased my whole body as bright lights shone in front of my eyes. The stage focused in around me and the audience roared with excitement. I spun around, my hair drifting through the air as I faced the crowd. Julie, Alex, Reggie, and Luke all gazed at me eagerly, grins spread across all of their faces. 

"I'm going out of my mind!" I sang into my mic, tilting my head back a bit as I did so.

WOOOO! I did it! Thank you all so so so much for being so patient with my chapter uploads. You guys are truly one of the best audiences I could've hoped for. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I sure enjoyed writing it! Have a great night, luvs. <3