t w e l v e

I wrote the finishing touches on the song I was working on for Julie. I was actually really excited to show her. So excited, in fact, that I ran right into her room when I finished the final line. She was sat on her bed with her laptop resting on her lap. Alex, Reggie, and Luke were clustered around her and watching her screen with interest.

"Julie!" I puffed, a bit out of breath from my sprint across the hallway.

"Wh-Kat?!" She gasped, staring up at me in shock.

"I wrote a song for you!" I grinned. 

"Awe, really?" She smiled back at me lovingly.

I picked up my guitar and propped it upright in my arms. Standing across the room from her, I began strumming the opening chords eagerly. She closed her laptop and leaned towards me a bit curiously. The guys looked up at me with new interest.

"When the tears are rollin' down, like a river to the ocean. And there's no one else around, you won't question my devotion. Everybody needs somebody, and you got me. You know that I know that you that...I'll be there for the highs and lows! Give you mine if you mine if your heart gets broke! By your side when you're all alone. I will be there! When you're down and down on your luck, no ride home and you got too drunk, 2am I'ma pick you! I will be there, hey!"

Julie stared at me in shock. The boys as well, there jaws going slack. I grinned, dancing around the room and twirling in front of her. 

"I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you! I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you!  When you're down and down on your luck, no ride home and you got too drunk, woah, I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you, yeah!"

I stood close to my younger sister, strumming away happily. She seemed to love the song so far and I was getting a bit emotional myself.

"When your heart could use a break, and it's too broken to be open. I'll be patient, I will wait. Until you're ready to be open. Everybody needs somebody. And you got me! You know that I know that you know that, I'll be there for the highs and lows! Give you mine if your heart gets broke. By your side you're all alone. I will be there. When you down and down on your luck, no ride home and you got too drunk, 2am I'ma pick you up, I will be there, hey!" 

"I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you! I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you! When you're down and down on your luck, no ride home and you got too drunk woahhh! I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you!

I kneeled in front of Julie, smiling sheepishly up at her. Tears were streaming down both of our faces at this point. The boys gave each other emotional glances, clearly awestruck by the amount of passion in this song. I stopped strumming and grabbed her hand in my own.

 I'll be there for the highs and lows. Give you mine when your heart gets broke. By your side when you're all alone. I will be there. When you're down and down on your luck, give your all but it's not enough. Take my hand and I'll pick you up. I will be there. I will be there!"

I squeezed her hand before dropping it as stood upright again, strumming my heart away on my personalized acoustic guitar. 

"I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you! I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you! When you're down and down on your luck, No ride home and you got too drunk woahhh! I'll be there, I'll be there, I'll be there for you!" 

I stopped strumming once more, laying my guitar across the bed. I wrapped Julie in my arms and whispered the final lyrics.

"I'll be there for you."