n i n e t e e n

"You look stunning, love." Jess cooed in fake British accent. 

I laughed, admiring myself in the vanity mirror. My hair was its naturally curly self but it was half up. I had winged eye-liner, mascara, red lipstick, purple eye shadow, and a light blush. My shirt was a cropped off the shoulder lilac tee with kind of transparent fabric. Darker purple butterflies decorated the shirt and I had a purple headband with a butterfly in my hair. I wore black leggings with white vans that I had painted butterflies on as well. 

"Love the fit." I laughed, standing and admiring myself in the mirror. 

"You look like a comfy princess." Jess grinned.

"I am a comfy princess." I smirked.

"Come on, we're on a minute!" Julie threw open my door.

I ran down the stairs with Jules, racing into the studio. The guys were preparing their instruments. I picked up my guitar, strumming it once before the garage doors opened and Flynn introduced us.

"Jatie and the Phantoms!" Julie slid onto the piano bench and I strummed my guitar quietly.

"Running from the past, tripping on the now, what is lost can be found, it's obvious..." She sang softly into her mic.

"And like a rubber ball, we come bouncing back. We all got a second act, inside of us!" I sang, strumming my lilac guitar eagerly.

Alex's drums sounded from behind me, the guys poofing in as Julie and I took the lead. "I believe! I believe that we're just one dream! Away from who we're meant to be! That we're standing on the edge of, something big, something crazy, our best days are yet unknown! That this moment is ours to own! 'Cause we're standing on the edge of great!" We sang loudly. 

"On the edge of great, great! On the edge of great, great! On the edge of great. 'Cause we're standing on the edge of great!" I sang the final line of the verse, shredding on my guitar as the crowd cheered.

"We all make mistakes, but they're just stepping stones. To take us where we wanna go, It's never straight, no..." Luke sang, gazing at Julie longingly.

She sang her own verse awkwardly, trying to look away from him. "Sometimes we gotta lean! Lean on someone else! To get a little help, until we find our way!"

I danced over to Reggie, strumming along with him. We shared a mic, singing our hearts out and staring into each other's eyes. Blush spread across my cheeks as he winked at me.

"I believe! I believe that we're just one dream! Away from who we're meant to be! That we're standing on the edge of, something big, something crazy, our best days are yet unknown! That this moment is ours to own! 'Cause we're standing on the edge of great!

I boosted myself up onto the piano silently, the boys and Julie singing in the background as I got situated at ready for my solo. "On the edge of great, great! On the edge of great, great! On the edge of great. 'Cause we're standing on the edge of..."

"Shout, shout! C'mon and let it out, out! Don't gotta hide it! Let your color blind their eyes, be who you are no compromise! Just shout, shout! C'mon and let it out, out! What doesn't kill you makes you feel aliveeee. Ooh, ooh!" I kneeled on top of the piano, Reggie and I's faces close together as we sang the next part alone.

"I believe, I believe that we're just one dream. Away from who we're meant to be. That we're standing on the edge of..." I stood up on the piano, belting into my mic with everything I had. "Greatttt!" 

"Something big, something crazy! Our best days are yet unknown! That this moment is ours to own! 'Cause we're standing on the edge great! On the edge of great, on the edge of great. Great, on the edge of great, on the edge! Great, on the edge of great! 'Cause we're standing on the edge of..." The boys vanished and I stopped strumming, backing up to where Reggie had been. 

Luke and Julie slid into the piano bench. "Running from the past...tripping on the now. What is lost can be found, it's obvious." They grinned at each other, Luke poofing away.

The crowd burst out into cheers and applause. Flynn and Jess jumped up and down excitedly, cheering possibly the loudest. I grinned at them, running and hugging Jess tightly. She pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm so proud of you!" She whispered.

I giggled and pulled away slightly, looking at the semi-large crowd. My face flushed a bit uncomfortably when I saw Nick glaring at me jealously. 

"I-I'm gonna go upstairs. As much as I'd love to stick around with y'all, I need a shower." I smiled at Jess, tearing my gaze away from Nick self consciously.

"Oh, okay sweets! I'll be here when you get out." She nodded to me.

I waved to her, running into my house. I walked up my stairs a bit slowly, making sure not to fall. When I walked into my room to grab some pajamas to change into afterwards, Reggie poofed in front of me.

"That was amazing!" He laughed, picking me up and twirling me around.

I gasped in shock before laughing and curling my arms around his neck. "So were you!" I giggled, kissed his forehead.

Suddenly, a jolt ripped through the teenager, making me yelp in fear. A sharp electric shock surged through my own stomach. He dropped me and I landed on my back, wincing in pain. Reggie doubled over, groaning. Blinding purple light flashed all around me as I let out a small wail, digging my fingers into my stomach.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, pain lacing his voice. 

I blinked up at him warily, clutching my abdomen. "I-It happened to me...why?" I whimpered, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Maybe because I was touching you? I-I don't know, Kat! I'm so sorry!" He picked me up and lay me on my bed.

I sat up, pulling him close to me. "This isn't your fault, Reg." I sighed, the pain slowly easing away. "I think he cursed me too. When he kidnapped me."

Oooo, a cliff hanger. Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! I'm going back to my dad's tonight so expect a more frequent upload week (hopefully). Have a nice day luvs <3