e i g h t e e n

"YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN, YOU'RE BEING TOO LOUD!" I screamed into my microphone, dancing around the studio.

Alex grabbed my hand, twirling me around and dancing with me. "And I'm just like oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh oh! You need to just stop! Like can you just not step on our gowns?" Alex sang.

"You need to calm down!" We finished the song, panting breathlessly as Reggie, Luke, Jules, and Carlos applauded us.

I grabbed Alex's hand, bowing with him. We laughed and gave each other triumphant fist bumps. Reggie stood and grabbed the mic from Alex's hand.

"I wanna sing a duet with you!" He grinned at me.

I blushed a bit and smirked. "If you insist, baby." 

Out of the corner of my eye I could see his face flush red. I giggled, searching for 'Start of Something New' karaoke. The music began to play and I hummed into my mic excitedly.

"Living in my own world. Didn't understand, that anything can happen. When you take a chance..." Reggie sang into his mic, casting me a flirty side glance.

"I never believed in what I couldn't see. I never opened my heart, to all the possibilities..." I sang, blushing as I made eye contact with Reg. 

"I know that something has changed, never felt this way. And right here tonight... This could be the start of something new! It feels so right to be here with you! Oh! And now looking in your eyes, I feel in my heart, the start of something new!" We sang together, sharing my mic now.

I was aware of the burning eyes on us as we sang. As we reached the end of the song, we stood rigid, our faces extremely close. His eyes flickered down to my lips momentarily ans I bit my bottom.

"Just kiss already!" Carlos groaned.

I laughed, leaning forward instinctively and pressing my lips against his. I felt his teeth against my bottom lip, making me smile. My eyes fluttered closed briefly as I savored the moment. Reggie pulled away suddenly causing me to groan in protest. Julie had covered Carlos's eyes, wheezing with laughter.

"What?" I asked, arching my brow curiously.

"There's blood all over your bottom lip!" She laughed, pointing to me. 

I touched my lip, pulling my hand away to examine it. Sure enough blood coated my fingers. I ran my tongue over my lip, sponging the blood away.

"Ouch." I winced as my saliva oozed into the cut. "You had to bite me that hard?" I giggled at Reggie.

He scratched the back of his neck nervously, Alex and Luke laughing. "My poor lippy."

Time Skip

"You got us a gig?" I slid into a seat at the island, Julie at my side.

My dad grinned at me, packing up his lunch into a brown paper bag. "Well kind of. We're having a party at our house and I want you guys to preform. I know I cost you guys a potential label at that cafe and I want to make it up to you. Carlos will record it on my cameras and we'll post it to YouTube!"

My face lit up excitedly. I jumped out of my seat, tackling my dad into a large hug. He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back.

"Best dad ever!" Reggie's voice came from behind us.

"I'll call Flynn, she is our marketing team." Julie pulled out her phone and walked out of the kitchen.

"Alright I'm gonna be late, have a good day at school!" My dad waved to me, running out the door.