s e v e n

I pulled a dark crimson hoodie over my head, fluffing my hair out from under the hoodie afterwards. I sat on my floor, sliding on comfy black ankle-high leather boots. Reggie poofed into my room eagerly, bouncing on his heels.

"You seem excited." I giggled, turning around and dragging my suitcase to the door.

"I've never been up this early!" He laughed.

Outside, it was still quite dark. Actually, it was only 2am. We had a flight at 6am and my dad insisted that we be up bright and early for it. Four hours before actually. I yawned, scratching the back of my neck.

"Yup, me either." I blinked the water from my eyes and slung my carry-on over my shoulder.

Reggie walked over to me, pulling me into him. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck and my forehead resting on his chest. He smelled so good oh my god. Reggie leaned down a bit, pressing a warm kiss to the top of my head before pulling away. I grinned, nodding to him and rolling my suitcase out the door. 

"Dad, I need help with my suitcase!" I called down the stairs.

"You can't bring it yourself, Kat?" He called back.

"Technically yes but, I don't want to risk falling down the stairs because it's obvious that'll happen." I laughed as he jogged up the stairs to get my suitcase.

"Yeah, you fall down the stairs like it's the law." Julie chimed in, rolling her own suitcase out of her room and standing beside me.

"Yup! And I'm not ashamed of it either!" I giggled, ruffling her hair.

"Aye! I just did this don't mess it up!" She yelped, smoothing her frizzed hair back down.

I smirked, skipping down the stairs after my dad. At the third to last step, my foot slid forward. I let out a surprised scream, doubling backwards. A pair of hands grabbed my sides and pushed me up so that I didn't hit the floor. I turned around to see Reggie staring at me in concern. He rubbed my back comfortingly. I gazed into his eyes affectionately, blush covering both of our cheeks. 

"Who are you staring at?" My dad's voice startled me.

"W-What?" I stammered, clearly taken aback.

"Busted..." Luke whispered across the room.

I shot him an angry glare, watching as he attempted to fist bump Alex who rejected it. I love Alex, he's always on my side. My dad arched his brow at me in confusion. I laughed nervously, scratching the back of my neck. 

"Never mind..." He clicked his tongue and walked off into the kitchen.

I let out a breath I hadn't known I was holding. Reggie poofed across the room to Alex and Luke. Luke burst out laughing, Reggie giggling along with him. Alex just rolled his eyes in annoyance, walking off with his hands shoved in his pockets. Julie walked slowly down the stairs, carrying her suitcase with her. Carlos ran out of the kitchen, holding out a microwaved Eggo chocolate chip pancake for me. I grinned.

"No thanks bud, I'll get a bagel at the airport. Plus, it's way too early to eat; for me at least. I'm not even hungry." I ruffled his hair as he stuffed the pancake in his mouth.

Carlos smiled through a mouthful of chewed pancake, making me cringe. He skipped away happily.

"Gross." I muttered, twirling a loose strand of hair around my finger before tucking it behind my ear.

"Alright, let's head out gang!" Dad called from the doorway.

I quickly jogged around the house, stopping in kitchen to make sure I hadn't forgotten everything. Everyone had already left the house, of course. No one liked to check to see if anything was left behind. I spun around of my heel, gasping as the raven haired boy grasped my waist and pulled me toward him. I pressed my lips into his, groaning a bit when he deepened the kiss. He leaned down a bit, kissing at my neck softly. I bit my lip, wrapping my arms around his neck.