o n e

First Person POV

I leaned my back against the locker beside Julie's watching as she placed a book into it. My gaze drifted from her to the approaching Flynn, who seemed to be in a great mood.

"Hey underachiever, hey loser!" Flynn called, grinning.

"Hey disappointment!" Julie and I said at the same time, laughing as we subtly fist bumped.

"Okay how are y'all not twins I don't understand-" Flynn pointed between the two of us, raising an eyebrow skeptically. 

"The world wasn't ready for both us at the same time." I pulled Julie into a side hug. "But clearly the best one came first."

"Hey!" Julie kicked my shin, making me flinch away from her. 

Flynn laughed at our antics before continuing on with what she was saying. "Have you figured out what you're gonna do today?" She asked Julie, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"I'll know in the moment." Julie reassured her.

"Girl, you heard Ms. Harrison, you have one last chance to prove yourself. You better come up with a plan." I told my younger sister, narrowing my eyes at her. 

Julie rolled her eyes. "I know. I was there."

"I'll see you at the rally! Oh, I hope to see you at the rally!" Carrie's voice echoed through the halls, causing Julie and Flynn to scoff.

"Ugh, what's she handing out?" Flynn asked with disgust. 

"Desperation?" Julie tried, giggling a bit.

I laughed, watching as Carrie sashayed towards us, flyers tucked against her chest.

"Here you go," She handed each one of us a flyer. "My group's preforming at the Spirit Rally tomorrow! I'm sure you three have nothing better to do." She gave us a fake giddy tone.

"Oh my gosh, Carrie! Thanks!" Flynn replied in the fake tone, grinning at Carrie.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn! Don't bother coming!" Carrie gasped, still smiling. "Katie, you coming?" She asked me, trying to avoid my sister's glare on her.

"I'll try my best." I gave her a tight smile, nudging Julie as if to tell her to knock it off. 

Carrie nodded, pivoting on her heel and walking back over to the center of balcony courtyard. Flynn narrowed her eyes angrily in Carrie's direction, crumpling the flyer into a ball. I sighed, glancing over in Julie's direction.

"Nick? Still?" I asked. "Come on Jules."

"Girl, you know they're gonna get married and have a bunch of unholy babies." Flynn nodded in agreement.

"Nick's a sweetheart!" Julie protested, a light blush covering her cheeks. 

"Yeah, you'd actually have to talk to him to know that babe." I smirked, clutching my binder to my chest. "Well, I'm off to science. See you at home?" I asked my sister, waiting for a confirmation.

"Yeah for sure. Can you pick me up some coffee on the way home?" She pleaded, giving me those stupid, adorable, puppy dog eyes that pretty much always worked on me.

"Ugh fine, but only because I want some too." I rolled my eyes, holding back a laugh. "Good luck Jules!" I pulled her into a side hug once more, kissing the top of her head before rushing off to class.