t w e n t y | t h r e e

"Whatever happens even if i'm the last standing, i'ma stand tall! i'ma stand tall! whatever happens even when everything's down, i'ma stand tall, i'ma stand tall! i gotta keep on dreaming 'cause i gotta catch that feeling! whatever happens even if i'm the last standing i'ma stand tall! i'ma stand tall!" I bounced up and down, my skirt flowing as I did so.

Julie and I circled each other happily, grinning widely. The audience roared with excitement, causing me to twirl around happily.

"Like I'm glowing in the dark! I keep on going when it's all falling apart!" I began walking forward on the small platform, Reggie skipping after me. "Yeah I know with all my heart! Ooh ooh!"  We leaned on each other's backs, singing into my mic.

"Never look back!" Luke bounced up and down.

Alex stood up over his drum set, pulling his mic stand with him. "Whatever happens even if I'm the last standing, I'ma stand tall! I'ma stand tall!" 

Reggie, now back in his original place, advanced towards the microphone, smoothing back his hair. "Whatever happens even if i'm the last standing, i'ma stand tall, i'ma stand tall!" 

I danced around center stage with Jules, twirling her around as we sang. I don't think I've ever been so happy. 

"Whatever happens even when everything's down i'ma stand tall! i'ma stand tall! I gotta keep on dreaming 'cause I gotta catch that feeling!" Julie and I sang our hearts out, making our way towards the platform.

Luke, Reggie, and Alex walked up behind us, standing on either side. "Whatever happens even if i'm the last standing, I'ma stand tall, I'ma stand talllllll!" We all sang into Julie and I's mics.

The crowd bounced up in there seats, cheering loudly. Reggie took my hand, Luke taking Alex's and me taking Julie's. We all held our arms up, dipping down in a massive bow. The warmth in my hand that I had grown so used to faded away, and when Julie and I came back up, they were gone. My band was gone. My boyfriend, my best friend, my big brother, they had finally found peace. And though I was incredibly sad, I knew it was for the best. They wouldn't hurt anymore, they would be free. I looked up towards the ceiling, smiling softly. I loved them with my entire heart. Julie took my hand, squeezing it gently in her own. I looked over to her and squeezed back. We both gave the crowd one last wave before hurrying off the stage, hand in hand.

Time Skip

"Whatever happens even if i'm the last standing i'ma stand tall, i'm stand tall!" My dad, Julie, Carlos, and I marched up to the house in a line, chanting the lyrics to our latest hit.

We all burst out laughing as we made it to the porch. "Go get ready for bed Carlos." Dad told him.

"Okay! Julie, Kat, can I talk to you about your holograms?" He smiled innocently.

"Sure Carlos, just give us a moment." I nodded.

"Alright, don't ghost me!" He winked horribly before skipping inside.

I looked at Julie with wide eyes. She glanced back at me, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and shock. Our dad just shook his head and laugh, clearly unaware of the situation.

"I'd like to thank those boys." He smiled down at us.

"Oh, well," I began, a new sadness taking over me.