s i x

The sun streamed through my window, making me groan tiredly. I opened my bright hazel eyes, rubbing them in annoyance. Sitting up, I blinked until my blurred vision had cleared and I looked around my room. A red flannel was draped across my blankets, making my heart race anxiously. Nothing happened right? I looked down at my outfit, relieved to find that I was indeed still in the same outfit I had gone to sleep in. That's good, very good. Nothing happened, we only kissed. My door swung open slowly, startling me slightly.

"Morning!" Julie smiled, walking into my room.

"Good morning Jules." I smiled sleepily, rubbing my face. 

"So, what are we gonna do with the boys when we leave for North Carolina?" She asked.

I hummed in thought, biting my lip and tying my dark and frizzy caramel curls into a messy bun. "We could take them with us?" I suggested slowly, trying to read her reaction.

"That could be fun! Plus, you could spend more time with Reggieeee." She teased. "Yeah hun, don't think I didn't see his flannel tangled in your blankets." Julie winked at me.

"Shut up." I blushed in embarrassment, kicking his flannel off my bed. "Nothing happened, we were only talking." 

"Right." She smirked. "Alright! I'll go tell the guys." Julie launched herself off the bed, walking towards my door. "Can you make breakfast?" 

"Sure." I sighed, pushing myself off the bed. 

"Thanks!" She skipped out into the hallway.

I yawned, getting off my bed and walking to my closet. I pulled out an all black hoodie, sliding it over my sports bra and leaving my room. Almost a fall down the stairs later, I made it into the kitchen, pulling out the eggs and some pancake mix. I turned on the stove, cracking the eggs into a bowl and scrambling them. I heard three poofs behind me, not bothering to turn around since I knew who was there.

"Can I help you?" I asked aloud, pouring the egg mixture into a pan before adding water to the pancake mix and whipping it.

"Julie said you were making breakfast." Luke said excitedly.

"Can you guys even eat?" I turned around, smirking at them with a hand on my hip. 

"Nope!" Alex answered, grinning. "But we can smell!"

I laughed, shaking my head an turning back to the stove. The eggs were almost done so I salted and peppered them, turning the stove down a bit. I poured a bit of pancake batter onto another pan, waiting with my baby blue spatula to flip them. 

"Whatcha making?" My dad startled me.

I spun around, smiling at him. "Eggs and pancakes." I replied, turning back to the stove.

"Yum." He grinned, making himself a cup of coffee in our Keurig. "You all packed up?"

"I packed a little bit last night." I told him, flipping the pancakes. "But I'm not done yet."

"Ah." He nodded, raising his eyebrows as he walked to the table. 

He took his seat, the boys hurrying to sit beside him. "Do you want me to make a plate for mom?" I asked quietly.

He looked up at me in slight surprise, the boys as well. "You can put a plate out for her if you want but don't load it with food. No use in letting great food go to waste." He attempted to compliment me but I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"Yeah, okay." I frowned, turning to unload the pancakes from the pan and pour some more batter on.

"Morning!" Carlos called, walking into the kitchen in his dinosaur pajamas.