CHAPTER 1

Flashback

"She it's off age that's why am letting her go." Madhumati said and Garima couldn't believe her  ears.

"Off  age? Or madhumati would  you stop it! The other girls staying here aren't they off age? Khushi it's 16years and the girls are 20. Why are you making her leave and don't give me that excuse that she it's off age." Garima asked and madhumati eyed her.

"Look khushi it's beautiful and everyone else in this orphanage knows that but she wouldn't put it in a good use." She said shrugging and Garima fumed.

"Putting her beauty into use? Like?.." Garima asked confused.

"I asked her to sleep with big men so they can sponsor this place and she refused so I decided to throw her out.. what's the use of her?" She said shrugging and Garima felt disgusted.

"I regret the day I knew you mom, where do you expect khushi to go huh! Tell me, she's just a kid. Innocent and you made her leave this place in the middle of the night just because she refused your offer, you disgust me mother." She spat angrily

"Oh please don't lecture me, get out of my office." Madhumati demanded, before Garima left she turned and spoke.

"One day you would regret what you did to her, all your deeds would swallow you to maximum. Then that you would realize life and wish you could turn back time." She glanced at her mother and left to look for khushi.

I have been walking through these neighborhood but still I didn't stop,i didn't want to stop.

      Madhumati have betrayed me, she wants me to sleep with men! I can't do that, my morals didn't teach me that and above all I have been with the orphanage since I was six years old, I do not remember who I am or who my parents are.

I still don't know where am going because I have nowhere to go. I saw a tree and went and sat beside it. My stomach decided to make a noise and I sighed.

I was tired and decided to close my eyes, I pray that no bad person appears here. Then all of a sudden I heard my name being called and I suddenly knew the voice.

"Khushi! Khushi! Khushi! Khushi." Garima screamed, she sighed when she saw her.

"Oh my goodness Khushi , am glad I have found you, let's go home." Garima spoke and held khushi hands to move but she didn't move.

"Maa am not going back there." Khushi said crying and garima sighed.

"Dear don't worry am not sending you back there, I have a daughter who lives in a little apartment in Delhi  I told her about you,so you would be staying with her." Garima said and khushi was confused.

"Her name it's payal, she it's older than you four years, she works in a big  company as an errand girl. She told me she would be glad for you to stay, don't worry okay." Garima said and khushi nodded.

"Smile Khushi, we should hurry other wise we would miss the bus to delhi." She said.

"Okay maa." Khushi smiled

Lucknow Bus Station

"I know you haven't eaten, take this." Garima offered khushi food and she gladly accepted it.

"Thank you maaa." Khushi said and goobled all her food, soon she fell asleep.

Few minutes later

"Khushi, wake up." Garima shooked her. They took a tricycle to payal's apartment.

The place was a little decent place but still lacks security. Madhumati took khushi upstairs to a door and knocked they heard a faint am coming.

"Am coming, who it's that?" Payal asked. When she opened the door she smiled.

"Mom, Khushi. Please come in." She said and they entered. Khushi looked at the place it was small but cozy little room and kitchen.

"Here take this." Payal gave them water.

"So this is khushi right?" Payal asked and garima nodded.

"Payal, am happy to finally meet you khushi, mom told me about you." Payal said and khushi smiled.

"I don't want to be a burden to you Didi payal." Khushi said shyly and payal laughed.

"Don't worry, I asked my friend whether there it's vacancy in her little restaurant so I could bring my sister to work in and she accepted you khushi, mom already told me you are a very good cook , so no harm. I would pay for only rent, water and electricity, you pay for only food and it's final." Payal said strictly and khushi smiled.

"Thank you Didi payal." Khushi said and payal frowned.

"Don't call me Didi payal, am okay with payal." Payal said

"Okay payal." Khushi mimicked and they all burst into laughter.

Garima left the next morning and payal took Khushi to 'prikash delight'.

"Good morning ma'am,she was the one I was talking about." Payal said and khushi smiled.

"Okay payal, I would take care of her. You can leave for your work otherwise you would be late." Mrs Priya said and payal nodded, she hugged Khushi before leaving.

"Am Khushi." Khushi said and Mr Priya smiled.

"Dear please call me Priya, come and let me show you around. You would be helping in the kitchen and since you are a good cook we would test you. When you become familiarize with everything you would go grocery shopping as part of your duty." Priya said.

Throughout the day khushi learned a lot and when she came home she rattled everything to payal. Payal took her with her to know the city of Delhi.

Two  Years later

"Khushi I swear if you don't wake up, I would smack your head with this book." Payal warned and khushi groaned and got up.

"Payal! Today it's my off day right? I need to sleep, why are you doing this to me?" Khushi said dramatically and payal rolled her eyes.

"You are going grocery shopping today remember? Fresh goods are present in the morning at market days." She said and khushi rushed to the bathroom.

"Didi you could have told me that, I totally forgot." She rambled and payal laughed.

Payal prepared breakfast and sat down to eat her food when khushi sat beside her.

"How it's work payal?" Khushi asked munching on her food.

"Same as always dear, perks of me not continuing my studies, that's why am ranked in the lowest at office but I am okay, it pays well." Payal whispered and khushi became sad.

"Didi!" If we had the privilege we would have gone to school, we where all denied to go to school but it's not too late, we are saving to further." Khushi said assuring payal.

"I need to go khushi, please don't fight with people to reduce prices of items khushi." Payal warned and left, Khushi giggled.

End of chapter

So guys how it's it, please don't forget to vote and comment. Would be waiting 😊