Chapter 23: Expected Better

I watched as the other schools target UA during the target test. It was pretty straightforward, just get a certain amount of people out and you pass the test and move on. But that also means the people you get out, fail the tests immediately.

"Hey Y/N, if you were in the test where would you put your target?" Kota asked.

"Glad you asked! I would target the perverts by putting it--"

"Well that's enough of that conversation" Aizawa rudely interrupted.

"Are you worried for your class? You know the strategies every year" Joke asked with a smirk.

"Not worried at all, you can send all your students. Mine will push back with even more strength" I answered confidentially.

Then I saw Bakugou, one of my star students, turn into a meatball.

I covered my face. Dammit Bakugou, right when I said something really cool.

The exam went on. That Inasa guy is strong, taking out brigades of people in a matter of seconds. He has a unique quirk and a great way of using it. But there's something off about him, the way he looked at Todoroki in the beginning.

The exams go on, my whole class passed the first assessment. Aoyama scared the shit out of me but all in all, I was proud of them all. Except Midoriya almost getting molested.

"That wind guy is strong" Kota says quietly.

"Yeah, coming over here like he's Aang from Avatar" I agreed. Kota laughed in response and continued to watch.

"Are you enjoying the exams so far, sir?"

I looked over and saw Gang Orca walking over.

"Oh hey Orca, they're doing great so far" I answered back.

"That's good to hear! Do you want to join me in testing these students? When it's time for me to fight them?" Orca asked. I blinked at the question, what a shocking turn of events.

"Yeah do it!" Kota shook my arm enthusiastically.

"I really wanted to watch this time" I muttered. I've been taking part of these exams for years and I thought this year would make a good break.

"We can watch Kota, go ahead and test those brats" Aizawa added. I looked over at him and narrowed my eyes.

"Ughhh what do you want me to do?" I asked after a long dramatic sigh.

"I'll call you in as the battle progresses" Orca informed. I nodded and messed with Kota's hat as a way of saying bye.

I followed Orca off the spectators area and over to the combat zone. There were lots of places to go hide in and wait for my signal to come in.

The objective was specific and simple. Save trapped and injured civilians, they just weren't warned about the fake villain attack. I expect my class to be prepared, since they've experienced villain encounters before. But this would be the first time they protect injured civilians at the same time.