Commander Zhao's Harbour

Y/N's POV
I heard a knock at my door, "Y/N, it's Iroh. My nephew says to tell you to put on your uniform, we're pulling in to the harbour now."

I yelled, "okay, thanks!"

I pulled the armour on and waited in the corridors whilst the Prince and his uncle went to get the repairs done.

After a while, some men boarded the ship and started pulling the crew into a room for questioning- where they were taking off their helmets.

I panicked and scurried to the captain's cabin, throwing off my armour and grabbing my staff before taking to the skies, hoping to stay out of the way until Prince Zuko returns.

I stayed hidden on the rooftops and high walls as a man that the soldiers referred to as 'commander' were preparing a fleet of ships for something; but Prince Zuko had yet to return to his ship.

Iroh hadn't shown his face either, it was rather curious, Zuko had said that they wouldn't be long at all because he wanted to catch up to Aang.

As the sun began to set, Prince Zuko finally showed himself again. He was wearing loose trousers and had fabric draped over his shoulders that he let fall to the ground, revealing his toned back and abdominals- he was in pretty good shape.

I was hidden behind one of the watch tower rooftops of the training arena as I watched the Prince approach the commander. As the gong rung out, they both took their stances ready to attack one another.

Prince Zuko was the first to attack, but the commander dodged his flames effortlessly, as the Prince was panting, putting his all into every single attack.

But Prince Zuko had amazing defence, and dodged the commander's first attack which appeared to be a long and powerful blast of flames.

Iroh yelled to his nephew, "basics, Zuko! Break his root!"

I watched attentively as both of them fought back and forth, the commander had knocked Prince Zuko from his feet and had almost won when in a moment of panic, Prince Zuko jumped onto his hands and swept the commander onto the ground.

The Prince now had the upper hand and was advancing on the commander again and again before knocking him rolling across the ground.

He was towering over him, ready to make the final blast, from where I was standing, the prince's hesitation almost looked as though he was taunting the commander.

But he didn't- he didn't make the final attack, he blasted right beside him and walked away.

I furrowed my eyebrows trying to make out what had just happened- did he miss?

But he didn't miss, Prince Zuko spared the commander when he walked away.

He reminded me of Aang.

Interrupting my trail of thoughts, the commander jumped up and attempted to attack the Prince from behind, but was quickly stopped by Iroh who exchanged a few words with him before following Prince Zuko back to the ship.

I guess that's my cue to return.

I jumped up and opened my glider, swiftly making my way back to the ship, unnoticed.

Surprisingly, when Prince Zuko returned, he was extremely calm and not at all worked up about what had just happened.

I approached him as he came inside but before I could say anything his eyebrow furrowed and he yelled, "what are you doing!? I told you to put on that armour! What if you were caught!? Do you have any idea how much trouble I'd be in!?"