The Ember Island Players

Y/N's POV
"Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?"

Zuko turned to Katara as he rubbed a cloth on his head, "I told you, my father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy... and that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us."

Sokka rushed in holding a piece of parchment, Suki tailing behind him, "you guys are not gonna believe this... there's a play about us!"

Suki grinned, "we were just in town and we found this poster!"

Katara gasped, "what? How is that possible?"

"Listen to this: the boy in the iceberg is a new production from the acclaimed playwright Puan Tin, who scoured the globe, gathering information on the avatar. From the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

Suki continued, "brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island players."

Zuko groaned, "ugh. My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered 'love amongst the dragons' every year."

Katara turned to her brother, "Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?"

Sokka protested, "come on! A day at the theatre!? This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I've been missing!"

I raised an eyebrow, "you... had a theatre in the South Pole?"

"Hey, um... I wanted to sit there"

I noticed Aang was looking between Zuko, who I was sat beside, and Katara, who was on his other side.

"Just sit next to Y/N. What's the big deal?"

"I was just- I wanted to-"

I raised my eyebrows as I realised the situation and interrupted, tugging Zuko's sleeve, "it's cool, we can just move up"

"It's not a big deal, Aang just sit next to Y/N"

Aang sighed and sat beside me, "...okay"

I leaned over to Zuko and whispered, "you're like... the worst wingman ever"

And he not-so-quietly responded, "what are you talking about?"

I just sighed and turned to Aang, "sorry about that, we'll get you some alone time later"

Toph groaned, "why are we sitting in the nosebleed section? My feet can't see a thing from up here!"

Katara replied, "don't worry, I'll tell your feet what's happening"

The curtains opened and revealed actors playing Katara and Sokka, "Sokka, my only brother! We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas, and yet never do we find anything fulfilling!"

"All I want is a full feeling in my stomach! I'm starving!"

"Is food the only thing on your mind?"

"Well, I'm trying to get it out of my mind and into my mouth, I'm starving!"

Sokka leaned forwards and hissed, "this is pathetic! My jokes are way funnier than this!"

But Toph chuckled to herself and turned back to him, "I think he's got you pegged!"

Back on the stage, Katara's actor continued her monologue, "everyday, the world awaits a new beacon to guide us, yet none appears. Still, we cannot give up hope, for hope is all we have... and we must never relinquish it, even... even to
our dying breath!"