Sozins Comet: part 1

Zuko's POV
"There is one technique you need to know before facing my father- how to redirect lightning. If you let the energy in your own body flow, the lightning will follow it. You're turning your opponent's energy against them."

Aang's face lit up as he exclaimed, "that's like water bending!"

"Exactly. My uncle invented this technique himself by studying water benders."

He mirrored me as he asked, "so, have you ever redirected lighting before?"

"Once. Against my father."

"What did it feel like?"

"Exhilarating. But terrifying. You feel so powerful holding that much energy in your body, but you know if you make the wrong move, it's over."

He awkwardly chuckled and gestured to Katara, "well, not over-over. I mean, there's always Katara and a little spirit water action, am I right?"

Katara, who was watching from the sides, bluntly replied, "actually, I used it all up after Azula shot you."

His face dropped, "oh."

I continued, "you'll have to take the Fire Lord's life, before he takes yours."

He turned away and mumbled, "yeah, I'll just do that."

Later on in the day, Sokka had us all gather around as he explained a training plan.

He placed a water melon on a scarecrow and named it the Melon Lord.

"First, Suki and I will draw his fire whilst Y/N distracts him with some air bendery action from the skies. Then, Katara and Zuko charge in with some liquidy hot offence, and while the Melon Lord is distracted, Aang swoops in and BAM, he delivers the final blow!"

Toph asked, "umm... what about me?"

"For now, you're the Melon Lord's forces."

"So I get to chuck flaming rocks at all of you?"

"Whatever makes the training field more realistic."

"Sweetness."

I set up the fires for Toph before I followed everyone else to begin our training.

On Sokka's signal, Katara and I ran under cover towards the "Melon Lord". Suki and Sokka took out the forces made of rock before they were almost hit with a massive flaming rock, Suki flipped over it before Sokka yelled:

"Watch it, Toph!"

Toph manically laughed, "I am not Toph! I am Melon Lord! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!"

Her next flaming rock came right towards myself and Katara, we dodged it and continued advancing before we were surrounded by the Melon Lord's rocky forces. We used our bending to take each of them out and continued running towards Toph.

I glanced up for a split second and Y/N was gliding around the rocks like it was a game of dodgeball in the air.

Sokka shouted, "now, Aang!"

Aang charged towards the melon-headed scarecrow with his eyebrows furrowed, at full force, but he stopped right as he was about to strike.

I yelled from behind a rock, "what are you waiting for!? Take him out!"

He hung his head, "I can't."

Sokka stomped over to him and yelled, "what's wrong with you!? If this was the real deal, you'd be shot full of lighting right now."

"I'm sorry, but it just didn't feel right. I didn't feel like myself."

Sokka raised an eyebrow at him before drawing his sword and swinging it at the scarecrow's head, Aang winced as the top of the melon hit the ground and Sokka stated, "There. That's how it's done."