The Boiling Rock: Part 2

Zuko's POV
I heard Sokka's voice whisper into my cell, "Zuko. Are you there?"

"I'm here."

"I just got done talking to my dad. We came up with an escape plan together."

I heard footsteps approaching, "What are you doing here?"

Sokka replied to them, "I was just telling this dirty low life what I think of him!"

"Well, you'll have to do that later. He's coming with us."

"Why?"

"Because we have orders straight from the warden, that's why."

What? Seriously? Right now?

"Could I just get ten more seconds to rough him up a bit?"

"Fine, ten seconds."

Sokka opened the door and handed me my pillow, "take that! And this!"

He punched against the pillow whilst I grunted as he whispered, "we have a new plan, but it's gonna need a big distraction. Be in the yard in one hour."

The door began to open and we both panicked, Sokka grabbed onto me, wrestling me as the guards stopped him, "alright, that's enough."

They grabbed the back of my shirt and pushed me away.

"What are you doing? Where are you taking me?"

I was thrown into a small room with a single chair, "agh! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Come on Zuko, we all know that's a lie."

That voice-

"Mai... How did you know I was here?"

"Because I know you so well."

"But how-"

"The warden's my uncle, you idiot."

I groaned and threw my head into my hands.

"The truth is, I guess I don't know you. You didn't even tell me that you were leaving. I know we broke up but I thought you'd at least tell me."

"I didn't mean to-"

"You didn't mean to? I only found out because apparently you're a wanted criminal, again. We were supposed to be friends."

"Stop! This isn't about you! This is about the Fire Nation!"

"Thanks, Zuko. That makes me feel all better."

I stood up and turned to her, "Mai, I didn't want to upset you, I do want to be friends... I really do. But I have to do this to save my country."

"Save it? You're betraying your country."

"That's not how I see it."

Y/N's POV
I came to a small island that was an equal distance between the Western Air Temple and the Northern Water Tribe.

I was rummaging around for something to eat when I noticed something hidden in the leaves.

It was a scorched piece of an Air Nomad's robe.

As I examined the scorch marks on it and held it up in front of me, I came to the conclusion that whoever this belonged to, couldn't have been over the age of nine.

I felt sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Which one is the kids did it belong to? It didn't matter, they all suffered the same fate.