The Southern Raiders

Zuko's POV
Suki ran into me on my way to Sokka's tent, "oops, wrong tent!"

"Sorry, do you need to talk to Sokka, too?"

"Nope, not me."

Then she slid away, I shrugged before walking straight into Sokka's tent to reveal Sokka laid on his front with his legs bent upwards, there was a rose in his mouth and candles all around him, "well, hello- uh, Zuko, yes, why would I be expecting anyone different? So, what's on your mind?"

He quickly sat up as I replied, "your sister... she hates me, and I don't know why. But I do care what she thinks of me."

"Nah, she doesn't hate you. Katara doesn't hate anyone. Except maybe some people in the Fire Nation- No! I mean, uh... not people who are good but used to be bad. I mean bad people. Fire Nation people who are still bad, who've never been good and probably won't be ever-"

"Stop. Okay, listen. I know this may seem out of nowhere, but I want you to tell me what happened to your mother."

"What? Why would you wanna know that?"

"Katara mentioned it before when we were in prison together in Ba Sing Se, and again a little  while ago when she was yelling at me. I think somehow, she's connected her anger about that to her anger at me."

Sokka frowned before beginning, "it's not a day I like to remember..."

Y/N's POV
I sat at the top of one of the trees, looking out at the ocean ahead of me, "is that your new thing, Aang? You like sneaking up on people now?"

"Sorry, you seemed lost in thought and I didn't wanna interrupt," he jumped up into the tree I was sat on, "I heard you called Zuko a fire cracker!"

I smiled to myself, "yup. You didn't tell him that I made that up, did you?"

He grinned, "of course not! Actually, I was telling him that we called people from the fire nation that and he got all surprised like 'woah, really!? Y/N said that, too!'"

"Messed with your other friends yet?"

"A little. Not much, but I tried getting them all to say 'flameo hotman' but they didn't really pick it up."

"Ah, I should've used that back when I was living in the Fire Nation!"

He grinned, "I went to school in the Fire Nation for a couple of days and I used it all the time!"

"Hey, are you okay?"

Zuko turned to me, yawning, "yeah, I'm waiting for Katara to come out"

I raised my eyebrows, "oh... and why would that be?"

"I know who killed her mother."

I nodded, "oh, right."

"I just want her to trust me... everyone else here trusts me, but it's not even that she doesn't trust me, she seems to hate me."

I sat beside him, sighing, "you need to stop seeking others approval, first it was your father, and now you've finally learned to let that go, you're seeking another person's approval. You're great just as you are, it's not your fault that she can't see that."