Crescent Island

Y/N's POV
We were heading for Crescent Island in the Fire Nation, under Zuko's orders.

He stood looking through the telescope on the deck whilst Iroh stood beside him disappointed, "sailing into Fire Nation waters... of all the foolish things you've done in your sixteen years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish!"

But Zuko just muttered, "I have no choice, uncle."

"Have you completely forgotten the Fire Lord banished you!? What if you're caught?"

Zuko turned around and reasoned, "I'm chasing the avatar! My father will understand why I'm returning home!"

Iroh folded his arms, "you give him too much credit. My brother is not the understanding type. Y/N, talk to him!"

I sighed, "Uh- Zuko, wouldn't it be safer to just... stick to what he says?"

Zuko scowled, "don't involve Y/N in this, uncle! She doesn't even know what she's talking about!" He looked back into the telescope and exclaimed, "there they are! Helmsman! Full steam ahead!"

A catapult was then raised from below the deck, the ball on the end of it smelled foul and Iroh was fanning in front of his face, "Really, Prince Zuko, couldn't you shoot them down with something more fragrant?"

Zuko ignored his uncle and set the ball alight before holding up his hand, "on my mark."

It was then that I realised what was about to happen, "Zuko, wait! You're going to hit-"

"Fire!"

"Appa! No!"

I watched in horror as a giant fire ball headed straight for the fluffy bison that Aang was riding.

I sighed in relief as Appa dodged the attack before yelling at Zuko, "what is wrong with you!?"

"What are you talking about!? This is what I've been trying to- oh, no."

"What!?"

"A blockade."

I turned to face the ocean ahead of us, there were several Fire Navy ships lined up at what I supposed was the border into the Fire Nation

Iroh placed his hand on his beard and explained, "technically you are still in Earth Kingdom waters, turn back now and they cannot arrest you."

Zuko watch Aang and his friends attentively until Appa sped up, Zuko turned to Iroh, "he's not turning around."

"Please, Prince Zuko, if the Fire Nation catches you, there's nothing I can do! Do not follow the avatar."

"I'm sorry, uncle. Run the blockade!"

I rolled my eyes before grabbing my staff and opening my glider. As I went to take off, Zuko grabbed my arm and pulled me back, "what are you doing!? You need to get inside, they can't see you!"

I yanked my arm away from him and snapped, "I don't care! Aang is going to get Appa killed flying him right into there!"

He pulled my glider and yelled, "and you're going to get yourself killed trying to stop them!"

As I tried to grab my glider back, Zuko grabbed onto both of my arms and yelled to a random member of the crew, "you! Take her below and don't let her out until I say so!"

As the soldier grabbed me I gasped, "what!? Zuko! You can't be- are you for real!? Zuko!"

But he had stopped listening to me and the soldier pulled me downstairs. I struggled, but he threw me in a cell and locked the door, "are you serious!? Let me out right now!"