The Seige of the North: Part 2

Zuko's POV
I approached the avatar's water bender friend and another Water Tribe girl with white hair, as they were watching the avatar as he meditated, I heard his friend say, "he's crossing into the spirit world. He'll be fine, as long as we don't move his body. That's his way back to the physical world."

The white haired girl began to leave, "Maybe we should get some help!"

"No, he's my friend, I'm perfectly capable of protecting him."

Her face dropped when she heard my voice, "well, aren't you a big girl now?"

"No..."

"Yes. Hand him over and I won't have to hurt you."

The girl with the white hair scurried away as the avatar's friend took her stance- so, she wasn't going to back down.

I started throwing flames at her, in coordinated attacks of kicks and punches; she pulled up streams of water to extinguish my flames before thrusting water at me, harshly, sending me tumbling into the ground.

I wasn't expecting it, but it still wasn't enough to keep me away.

"I see you've learned a new trick. But I didn't come this far to lose to you."

We started throwing fire and water back and forth before I tripped backwards into the stream and she quickly encased me in ice.

This isn't just a new trick, she's been training- they've been training.

"You little peasant. You've found a master, haven't you?"

I released heat from my body, causing the ice to explode before I rapidly punched balls of flames in her direction.

I've worked too hard to lose now.

I got closer and closer to her; she was missing me with every single one of her attacks until I dashed past her and reached for the avatar- only to be thrown backwards by another stream of water.

She immediately took the initiative to freeze me to the wall, and for a few moments I felt defeated; for a split second I regretted leaving; because for the first time in a long time, I didn't feel so alone, and I gave it up for a task that I couldn't even complete.

But that feeling quickly vanished as I felt the faint heat of the sun kiss my skin and the flame burning inside of me relight.

I looked back up to face her and melted the ice trapping my body, quickly throwing a stream of flames towards her; she blocked most of it with some water, but the impact still sent her crashing into a tree. 

I seized the opportunity to grab onto the avatar and turned back to face his friend, "you rise with the moon, I rise with the sun."

I had hauled him onto my back and past the icy walls of the Northern Water Tribe, but I had no idea where I was going- we were caught in a blizzard and all I could see was blankets of white snow for miles.

Y/N's POV
When I arrived at the surprisingly warm oasis, I stayed out of sight as I watched Katara cry as she explained that Zuko had taken Aang; Sokka and another Water Tribe girl with white hair jumped onto Appa and Katara followed.

So, all I need to do is follow them.

After they took off, I followed them into the sky, lagging behind so I wouldn't be seen.

I followed them through a blizzard past the great icy walls of the Northern Water Tribe, we were flying for hours, and it wasn't until the sun had set and the moon had lit the sky that the blizzard stopped and I saw Appa begin to land.