Sozin's Comet: part 2

Y/N's POV
"Okay, that's everything"

"No, it's not, where's Aang?"

We all searched every inch of the house, but all we could find was his staff. On the beach, we found his footprints leading out into the ocean, but there was nothing else.

When Katara suggested that we all split up to looked for him, Toph immediately rushed over to Zuko and grabbed his arm, "I'm going with Zuko! - what!? Everyone else went on a life-changing field trip with Zuko. Now, it's my turn!"

I joined Sokka and Appa to search from the skies, whilst Suki went with Katara to search the town.

"So, any ideas on where he could be?"

I kept my eyes behind us, still searching for Aang, "oh, yeah, I've known where he's been the whole time, I just wanted to make you guys search for him for the kicks"

I felt him turn back to me, "wait, really?"

I stood up and turned his head back around, "eyes on the sky, obviously not. I thought you were fluent in sarcasm"

We landed at the front of the house to find the rest of the group slumped on the steps with their heads hung, waiting for us.

Sokka glanced over at them, "judging by the looks on your faces, I'm guessing you guys didn't find Aang, either."

Zuko replied, "no. It's like he just... disappeared."

Toph exclaimed, "hey, wait a minute! Has anyone noticed that Momo is missing, too!"

Sokka turned around and gasped, "oh, no! I knew it was only a matter of time! Appa ate Momo!", he pulled Appa's jaw open and climbed into his mouth, "Momo, I'm coming for you buddy!"

Katara looked over at him, unamused, "Sokka, Appa didn't eat Momo. He's probably with Aang."

I pulled Sokka's foot, trying to drag him out of Appa's mouth as he replied, "that's just what Appa wants you to think"

I clenched my teeth as I pulled harder, "I thought we all knew that Momo was with Aang"

I landed on the ground in front of Appa, failing at pulling Sokka from his mouth and Zuko huffed, "get out of the bison's mouth, Sokka. We have a real problem here. Aang is nowhere to be found at the comet is only two days away."

Katara turned back to him, "what should we do, Zuko?"

"I don't know... why are you all looking at me!?"

"Well, you are kind of the expert on tracking Aang."

Toph added, "yeah! If anyone's got experience hunting the avatar, it's you."

Zuko flew Appa and the rest of the group to find someone we met quite a while ago, I flew beside them on my glider.

Sokka leaned down and asked, "Zuko, I don't wanna tell you how to do your job, but why are we heading towards the Earth Kingdom? There's no way Aang's there."

"Just trust me"

"And the reason you've brought us to a seedy Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?"