(hc) their academia aesthetics

note | yes, i know this is a oneshot book but i cannot help but share some headcanons into this, i hope you enjoy this nonetheless ♡

academia aesthetics

𝐢. AKAASHI | impeccable notes, neat & simple penmanship, likes delving into history or literature books. sometimes he'd sit by the crackling fire, writing poems till the nightsky cracks with sunlight.

fashion: turtlenecks of any colour it doesn't matter to him, usually goes with casual dark brown trench coat and he wears a dark-rimmed glasses that is perched over his face. sometimes wears a rich wrist watch on his right arm.

scent: wildflower scents, fresh oak & lavender. something comforting and sweet, because akaashi tends to buy scented candles with sweet aromas.

small habits: while studying he has a tendency to fiddle with his fingers and he'd usually only buy black pens and pencils.

favoured memory: he didn't realise it was already dark and raining when he left the library. it's a good thing he had an umbrella to spare. a black umbrella sheltered him from the soft rivulets of the rain, petrichor breathes within his lungs, yellow street lamps reflecting his foggy glasses as he took detours down the road and a small smile settles unto akaashi's face, it was a good change of pace.

𝐢𝐢. ATSUMU | loves quoting shakespeare & reading more about anything theatre. leather bound bags crammed with messy textbooks, listens to music while writing down lecture. has haphazard study routines. then after, he likes to go cafes or practices volleyball.

fashion: doesn't necessarily care about what he wears but he feels comfortable with white cable-knit sweaters, overcoats, corduroy jackets, grey jeans.

scent: sweet vanilla & white melons–always a subtle yet warm smell.

small habits: pouts when he cannot understands a question, presses a pen on his lip when concentrating. atsumu sometimes have a short attention-span so he gets distracted and juts down little doodles at the edge of his notebooks.

favoured memory: aran & kita decides to help him and the other second-years with their studying. scattered textbooks, subtle chatter and suna's occasional jokes. atsumu enjoyed the little study bonding they had, but aran was having a headache just teaching them basic math questions.

𝐢𝐢𝐢. KUNIMI | messy sleeping schedules, little to no less than three textbooks inside his bag. only has one black pen that he carries everywhere, to everyone's surprise he never loses it. usually copies off notes from kindaichi when he sleeps during classes.

fashion: oversized sweaters, dark-coloured turtlenecks, wears a silver ring on his left hand. kunimi would sometimes wear thin, round glasses which compliments his always tired eyes.

scent: warm sunflowers, fresh baked goods & wintermelon—people sometimes question him if he went to a bakery before meeting them.

small habits: yawns during class discussions, likes stealing notes from others. definitely sleeping 90% of the time and studying 10% but he somehow still has high grades much to kindaichi's chagrin.

favoured memory: kunimi was in a lighter mood, classes went by pretty smoothly and he'd finish homework pretty early too. he tosses his pen on his desk, tugs his glasses off and finds his feet dragging him towards his comfortable bed, he inhales the warm duvets that smelled like sunflowers and he dozed off until night.

𝐢𝐯. BOKUTO | passionate but a simpleton. definitely messy things inside his bag, but there are times where akaashi begrudgingly helps him find his favourite cartooned pen somewhere inside his bag. big and attentive eyes but gets distracted almost all the time. he goes into study groups too, akaashi tagging alongside him.

fashion: light coloured sweaters, cardigan, scarfs, trench coats—you bet bokuto asked help from akaashi while picking his outfits.

scent: white musk, eucalyptus mint, cedar wood; a scent that will remind you of a traveller from a faraway place.

small habits: his hair matches his mood, when he has difficulty his hair would drop and a grumbled whine would leave his lips. he cannot stay seated for a long period of time, so between intervals he has to have something that would distract him for a bit before going back to his homeworks.

favoured memory: after studying its late night jogging outside the breathing cities of tokyo. he would wander around, take detours and buying foods with a wide grin.

𝐯. OIKAWA | semi-neat notes, complete lectures accompanied by small doodles. the one to use all kinds of highlighters (he received from fangirls,) on his books and notebooks, doesn't have a study schedule or routines but when he sits down to study he does it with composure and sharp focus.

fashion: every single fashion listed in this headcanon. oikawa has a good fashion sense, usually you would see him in the malls looking for new scarfs or trench coats, he doesn't stick to one style and tries a lot.

scent: almonds & coconut—with a hint of something sweet you'd smell from a fresh woods.

small habits: twirling the tips of his curly hair, slouching a bit too forward or does pen spinning with his fingers when he has trouble with a question.

favoured memory: he'd watch how his hard works & efforts always pay out in the end, seeing his high grades or perfect test scores swell his heart. iwaizumi had congratulated him and bought him a free drink, oikawa felt too emotional that he did not realise the drink was coffee milk, the bitter aftertaste on his cherry tongue makes him pull back and grimace heavily. everything was caught on matsun's phone as he and makki cackled with laughter. they made it up to him by buying him milk bread though.

end.