( lovely blue ) h. shoyo

hinata shoyo

    𝕳inata liked bright colours / like the sweet pumpkin orange, the emollient white, the grinning yellow; he loved them because it looked like happy colours, colours that he'd see whenever a smile lights up someone's face. he liked that happy look crossing in people's faces, it always held beauty within it. so when he asked a close friend what colour they prefer - the response was blue. vendetta blue.

    hinata pauses and he finally gets to see the look in your eyes, you said you liked blue but your eyes encased in heavy shadows told hinata a different story.

( you hated the colour blue,
you hated how the colour
associates with you / burning
your skin in angry poetry. or
even how the colour wine
red overlaps the heavy
ocean colour, red that
drips from your nose.
your knuckles. and the
very ends of your lips. )

    hinata never notice it only until recently, but whenever you are alone, you're always with blue. he never noticed the blue and black beaten canvas on your skin. you had always told him that you were in a fight club. that the angry marks did not matter. and you smiled, a smile hidden with fake flower bouquet on your pink lips. hinata did not notice it until now.

( you are anything but the
bright colours that
emit from your cheery friend.
On the cusp of evening,
where the gold of sunset
splits between the onyx / you
taste nothing but red wine
and sour green paints
your eyes as you stared
at people with dark souls,
black hearts, sinister black smiles.
they torment you.)

"you're a fucking monster." they spat, grey cigarette smoke taunting your heart, corroding the bright pink of your peaceful soul. unstable eyes brushed the red dripping on your lips as they continued to torment your body and soul. (did you fight back?) you would have had the courage if it was a few weeks ago, however, today was the day you felt tired, dizzy, and you could not take it anymore. so for today, you let them devour you, ruin you. you only closed your eyes, meeting the colour black present beneath your eyelids, they stared at you with a frown and you held your breath hoping that it would end.

then, a miracle happened.

"(y/n)!" for the first time in awhile, someone called out your name in gentle caress. your eyes snap open and the black-hearted people were rid of you in an instant. your wide eyes met with familiar faces, two second years had dragged them away from you,

yuu nishinoya with his wild yellow personality was shaking in visible anger and his mouth had spat angry colours at the people who tormented you. he looked ready to throw hands if it wasn't for the also wild ryunosuke tanaka who had to hold him back. the one who was able to throw hands at your bullies was the calm and collected blue of tobio kageyama. you could only stare wide eyed as the members of the school's volleyball club came to rescue you,

then, your eyes met with orange.

warm hands cup your wounded cheeks, hinata's brown eyes looked concerned, broken and teary. "you okay?" for ones, you could not find the urge to smile brightly in front of the happy tangerine in front of you. instead, tears burned beneath your eyelids, your throat turning dry as you try to choke out a sob. "i hate it." you say through shaky breaths. "i hate the colours that tormented me, i hated the red on my skin, the black that broke me, i hate - no, despise the blue that reminded me of sadness, of my cracked life, it reminded me that i am nothing but weak against a world filled with hurtful and disgusting colours ready to consume me."

a small whine leaves your lips. "im tired, so so tired and i cannot take it anymore-" you stopped when you felt lips on your forehead, it felt like fluffy white marshmallows against the broken champagne on your skin. hinata did not stop from there, he peppers your nose and eyes as his rough hands rubbed comforting circles on your cheek.

"i know i said i liked bright colours." you stare and notice the roseate colour daunting his cheeks. "but, after finally realising it." brown eyes filled with adoration stares back at you. "i find myself adoring your colours, you may be broken now but to this day onward, i promise to cherish you and remind you just how perfect of a blue you really are. ill make you realise that you are worth every single stroke of colour in this world. with thousands of people with a soul dripping in tones of blue - yours were lovely enough to make my heart flutter."

"hinata," his words caused waterworks to finally fall down, a smile caresses the boy's lips and he presses his forehead against yours, your body trembled ever so softly beneath his embrace, "beautiful," the orange-head spoke genuine words. and suddenly, your heart had fallen into a puddle of orange.

( you fell inlove with bright colours.)

end.