( separted by a door ) o. tooru

oikawa tooru

𝕬 chill crawled through the boy's skin like tiny ants nibbling on naked flesh. he felt the crisp and empty room barren, viridescent plants on deep slumber and translucent ghosts hanging adrift. the only sign of life that tickled into the place was the starry lights beyond obsidian blanket skies, the busy hum of traffic and the soft murmurs of everyday conversation slipping from the open window.

the boy with chocolate tresses and cookie-coloured orbs silently drops his bag carelessly onto the carpeted floor. a frown marring his gentle features as sadness paints splotches on his face. he shifted towards the edge of the untouched bed, thick duvets stained with moon dust. he proceeds to slump his exhausted form onto the mattress, to patiently wait upon the person he desired to see until he hears soft cries drowning beyond the door that leads into the showers.

    his cold toes pitter patter against the floor, his heart thumping a sad beat when the familiar sad voice sinks into his ears.

    just hearing her soft cries makes his glass encased house explode into a million shards. all the more, when the reasons there are wet footprints trailing down her cheeks was because of him. he was the reason for her deep anguish, making oikawa's blood boil in irritation.

he settles himself on the cold floor, a scattered breath leaving his lips as the two friends lean on the door that separated them. beneath the light that filters within the white-tiled floor, her tears glisten like rare crystals that trickle like a waterfall down her face causing puddles to form. oikawa narrows his face, his fist clenched tightly when he still hears the quiet sobs from beyond the door. he turns his body slightly,

"(y/n)-chan?" his voice breaks the girl out of her trance, she wipes her face with the fabric of her shirt trying to suppress the cries when she notices that someone was idling at the other side of the door she had slumped herself in.

   her cries falter but she does not utter a single word making the setter exhale a scattered out sigh.

    "you alright, [y/n]-chan?"

    "does it look like i'm alright to you?" Her voice was a great contrast to his marshmallow mutters, it was hollow and filled with pointed shards slowly sinking into his already pained chest.

"can i at least come in?"

no response. but oikawa didn't care, he wanted to hold her in his embrace. to comfort her just like how she comforted him when his girlfriend dumped him. the boy slowly reaches up, his fingers chilling from the cold doorknob and cracks the door open. oikawa peaks his chocolate head into the room, twilight hue stains the floor before his eyes lands on the figure leaning against the wall, hands fisted tightly and eyes sparkling with new found tears.

he didn't waste anymore time and scoops the girl into his arms. (y/n) was engulfed into oikawa's familiar scent. he smelt like maple and peppermint, very boyish; with a hint of coffee lingering. his hands sketches through her tangled tresses, smoothing down the tousled cowlicks as he paints glittery kisses into her forehead.

    "hush now, you are okay." he starts. "just let it all out (y/n)-chan."

    the girl finds herself wrapping her arms around the boy, obliging to his statement as the bottled up tears start cracking slowly.

"tooru." she sobs into his chest and he flowers her with comforting words, a small smile painting his lips.

    "i'm always with you (y/n)-chan. okay?"

    even if you would still choose hanamaki after everything, i'll always be here to remind you that you are cherished and loved forever and ever until the day i die.

   because i am nothing more than just a friend whose love is just separated by a door that is forever locked.

end.