( crush. ) h. korai

hoshiumi korai

    𝕻ride and confidence is something hoshiumi had seeping beneath his skin and into his midnight rose bloodstream.

    it was a self-satisfaction and pleasure he had fought wars for and displayed with his head held high on his years of achieving it. so when hoshiumi sees you again at one of his practice matches, he feels the need to show off more than usual. there was something that weighed on his chest whenever he looks at you, sees you smile, something about your small gestures and actions make hoshiumi greedy. ( he first brushed it off as a temporary sugary fever, but the more he sees you the more his chest twists and somersaults and the feeling deepens into his gut. )

you were bright in his eyes, like an angel he cannot take his eyes off whenever he sees you from the corner of his eyes.

"you like her." teases hirugami but the white-haired boy bites back with an excuse, once he felt his heart drummed. but it wasn't just your smile and face that made him more interested. your touch sent warmth and butterflies metamorphosis on his stomach, the tips of his ears and the apple of his cheeks would burn with raspberry hues. ( but he would never admit what his heart knew all along. )

    so when you all had met up at the rooftop to eat your lunches like the usual, hirugami decides to start a conversation with you, leaving the white-haired boy all by his lonesome. hoshiumi frowns, furrowing his brows and watches as his friend smiles and converses with you, your eyes and exchange of words only for hirugami alone. hoshiumi didn't like that, and he wanted you to pay attention to only him. when you weren't looking, the boy leans over with his chopsticks and picks at your bento, snatching up your last tofu and shoving it in his mouth.

    "hey, that's my last tofu you know," he didn't want to admit how he wanted to smile when you turn to look at him, though with squinted eyes and a mild pout on your face. hoshiumi shrugs, unbeknownst to him that his cheeks were blushing "your homemade tofu always taste the best."

    "so you took my last one?"

    "i'm just real hungry today."

    "hey," you grumbled, sighing heavily. "here (y/n), why not have mine instead." hirugami buts in with a warm smile on his face, he tucks his tofu onto your bento and you gave him a grateful smile.

   "thank you, hirugami-kun–" hoshiumi's hand fleeted quickly and the tofu is on his mouth in an instant.

    "hoshiumi," you gave him a pointed glare, "stop that."

    hoshiumi avoids your gaze and pauses over hirugami's. the brunette's eyes were filled with playful stars and he smiles mischievously at the boy, irking him even further. when hirugami gives you his last tofu, hoshiumi gives up his conquest in nitpicking the tofu and decides to sip his juice loudly. the boy didn't like how his friend was casually exchanging words with you, he didn't like the sight at all.

    everything happened in an instant, and the next thing you know hirugami was smiling innocently, hoshiumi was still slurping his juice loudly, and you were furrowing your brows in dismay. you tried to ignore the white-haired boy but the sound he conjured had scratched your ears and the nearby bystanders who had stopped and turned to your group, so with a long sigh, you pick the tofu in your bento and dropped it onto hoshiumi's.

    "here, you can have all the tofu, so can you forgive me yeah?" your lips had brushed a ghostly hue on the shell of his ears. your warm breath tickles and planted rose blooms on the flesh of his ears. suddenly his heart drummed and his bones ran cold, he looks at you and he sees you smile warmly at him and you didn't know how your simple act took his breath away from his rapturing lungs.

    hoshiumi turns away from you, lifting a hand to hide the red painting the apple of his cheeks, "y,yeah, okay."

    when you lean away and settled down, hirugami inches closer with a smirk on his face.

    "looks like korai-kun's got a crush."

    "shut it." he admits that he did have a crush on you.

end.