( fear ) g. tsutomu

goshiki tsutomu

    𝕿he night is still littered with moon dew when a knock erupts at your door. the noise barely a tickle in your ear as you twist and turn underneath the warm covers of your duvets. your hair tousled, splayed and tangled all over your soft pillows. you breathe out cloudy exhale, your lungs picking up shallow oxygen as the chorus of knocks continue its hum.

     and that's when you decided to peel yourself off of your mattress. the cool air of your dorm crawls through your naked toes when you slip away from your blankets, making your way towards the door and cracked it open - curious and annoyed at the person who dared enough to disturb you in the middle of a school night. you were expecting a giddy friend, ready to yank you out of your room and take you in their wildest of adventures but instead you freeze when your sleepy eyes lock onto the person waiting for you on the other side.

you recognise his midnight-painted bangs that seem to glitter under the night; his tall figure looming over you. but that is not what pulled you deep into the situation.

it was his eyes.

goshiki's eyes are wide with terror, and the unmistakable wet trails of tears that littered like silver footprints beneath his eyes, they shimmer like gold and silver and diamond; like expensive jewelry swimming in the darkest of shadows.

     he was crying, you tell yourself.

     "tsutomu?" your voice is evident with tiredness but you couldn't help but feel concern over the boy. to him, your voice was marshmallow soft. It was gentle and soothing like a lullaby and makes even the most strongest stature of him fall.

and the boy in front of you, starts to crumble down.

tsutomu goshiki was the type of person who's always loud. passion stringing his veins and strong-willed was his mind built like castle walls. despite his personality being a disadvantage especially when it comes to his love for volleyball and obsession over being the ace - he never ones shred a single fear or doubt. that's what his teammates admired about him, even the bowl-cut male was convinced there was nothing that could make him shake with terror (except for coach washijo's constant scoldings and yells,).

     but to see him with the hooded fear etched across his face was something completely and utterly different. it only took one second for you to recover from your surprise, before you opened your arms and welcomed the boy into your warm embrace. that is when you felt his figure shake as he held you for dear life, his face buried on your neck as he sobbed ever so lightly.

     sad flowers bloomed inside your ribcage and your embrace only tightened, like you are trying to shelter the fragile boy from a dangerous world.

"thank god," you hear him whisper out in relief. you feel his embrace around you and he pulls you deeper into his chest; enough for you to hear his quick heartbeat.

    you part your lips, your hands gentle as you soothe him slowly. "what's wrong?" you question, and for a moment sleep vanquished from your system.

    a paused, then a scattered breath leaves his lips. "don't leave me."

    the three words he spoke makes your hand stop. Did he have a nightmare? "i don't want to lose you, you are too important to me. you are the only thing that makes my day brighter when shirabu dampens it. you were always there to support me when no one else did." as each word escapes his lips it felt like you were swallowing sharp crystals. "you can hit me, hate me, strike me down but please for the love of god don't you ever leave me alone. i don't want to see you walk away from me - not ever."

    you slowly but surely pull away from him, and you could tell that he was just as reluctant to let go of the warmth you carry. your hand captures his own as you close the door and tug him forward and into your obscured form.

    you lean close to him - your face merely inches away and use your thumb to sweep away the remnants of tears that left puddles on his face. you replaced the tears with your kisses of comfort, and every time your lips makes contact with his skin - he could feel galaxies dancing wherever your lips makes contact upon his. it made him feel a little better.

"feel better?" you let out a hearty chuckle, your laugh has always been music to his ears. he loved every part of you; from your flaws, to your kindness and to your cuddles and kisses. from the strand of hair resting atop your head and to the top of your toes - he wanted to cherish the gods for weaving such a beautiful angel.

goshiki did not once let go of you, he pulls you back to him and you cannot help but chuckle at the male.

"i love you, mkay? i won't ever leave your side."

"promise?"

"promise, love."

end.