( green ) i. hajime

iwaizumi hajime

𝕹obody knows, that out of all the walking figures in the hallways riddled with the jejune paints of grey and white - you were the most interesting out of them all.

    you called my name with the sweetest of tone making my heart melt like daydreams, your laughs and genuine compliments on my paintings split my mind like torn up galaxies. when I first met you, i thought those green eyes that looked like forbidden emeralds in the deepest of mines were utterly pretty.

    i was mesmerised by your spiky hair, your skin a shade of warm tan under the sparkle gold of the sun and most importantly, the eyes that felt like a million swords stabbing my chest. your soul was interlaced with the dark shadows of your own flaws and regrets, and i wanted to paint you a shade brighter. you never noticed how your gaze on me made me breathless, like searching for oxygen was impossible. you never noticed how your very presence make my fingers tremble and sweat that roll down my forehead. your visage was carved like a beautiful statue of a god.

"there you are, (y/n)."

the familiar baritone of your voice reaches my ears. on that day i was sitting underneath the tree to protect myself from the harsh slaps of sunlight with my nose buried on my sketchbook, i saw you and my heart rate increased.

"iwaizumi," i say calmly. "didn't see you there,"

there was a heavy sigh that left your lips, fingers sketching through your spiked up locks. "here you go again, how many times do i have to tell you to call me hajime?" he pauses on his statement before plucking the towel draped over his shoulder.

you were stepping towards me and crouched down ever so lightly. you touch my face with your hand, the contact causing sparks to electrify - making sure to lift my chin so you could take your towel to wipe my cheek in a gentle yet firm manner.

"your face has paint again." you mutter softly, your warm breath kissing the side of my face and i avert my eyes to refrain the cherry hues to smear across my cheeks.

"what are you painting this time?"

"how come your asking?"

your hand stops moving for awhile. "i know you well enough, (y/n). usually you would paint with extremely light colours." you start before dropping the towel to flick my nose.

the action made me glance up at you and i see an amusing smile on your curved lips. my breath stutters,

"but it's green this time."

a cacophony mess erupts in my chest, i turn away once again to hide the dusting blush I could feel crawling up my cheeks like marching ants.

"i-it's nothing. i just felt like it."

  your very heart tugs a few strings but a smile graces your lips, you lift a hand and affectionately caress my cowlicks. your hands were more delicate somehow.

"let's continue later, come on the others are waiting for us." you push yourself off the ground, and i watch you dust your attire you turn around for awhile and stretches your hand out towards me.

"here i'll help you up." a small smile plays on your lips as i accepted your hand,

warmth was the only thought that came into my mind as both of our hands are connected.

i clutch the sketchbook tighter around my free hand, hiding the little piece I was doing mere minutes ago. a painting of you in the dazzling colours of green, the first colour that drew me into you completely. you were mended in clothes of darkness, and yet i painted you with greeneries, like vines and foliage that twirled around your soul. a single quiet thought enters my mind just as you tug me along with you, never once releasing my hand as you weave your fingers with my own.

that I have utterly fallen for you, iwaizumi hajime.

end.