( puppy butterflies ) m. atsumu

miya atsumu

𝖄our gentle fingers comes to a stop; your (e/c) eyes flutters at the inked words in front of you, reminiscing the pumpkin glow spilling from your windows and dressing your homework in subtle honey. you hum a soft tune, eyes fleeting towards your notes scattered all over your tabletop.

you had barely noticed that it was almost at the cusp of evening, dead grandfather clocks whispering the absent seconds that had passed by. you leaned against your chair and stretch, warm eyes glancing all around your room. however, the hours that pass by was not the only thing you had forgotten; there on the top of your bed laid a sleeping figure - sunset kissing his messy lemon hair in soft streaks, his eyes were fluttered shut, nose buried on your soft pillows and you glance at the gentle motions of your boyfriend's breathing.

you had completely forgotten about his presence, you were so engrossed with your homework that you forgot that he had wanted to stay over and be in your presence; you remembered the giddy and hopeful look in his eyes when you allowed him to stay over - and when you told him that you had to do homework first he only nods understandingly and said that he was willing to wait until you've finished.

it seems that sleep has decided to flood him; which was understandable, he was so busy with his volleyball lately that the both of you had less time to spend with each other. buttercup butterflies fill the expanse of your chest and a gentle roseate flush your cheeks, you bite your lip to hide your smile as you make your way towards him.

you crouch in front of him and lift a hand to brush back his bangs that fell carelessly on his forehead, he stirs.

"have i kept you waiting tsum tsum?" you whispered softly, playing with his hair before your fingers caress the side of his face. atsumu slowly wakes up, his eyes looked drunk and heavy with sleep and when your eyes touched his own a breathtaking smile lights up his face. he presses your hand on the side of his face, rubbing nuzzling kissing your palm before he murmurs huskily,

"are you done with your homework?"

you smile, humming. "are you tired?" atsumu hums, not hiding the fact that he was indeed drained, he continues to kiss your palm and your knuckles and you chuckle at the feeling of his lips on your skin as he leaves a trail of dandelions on your flesh. seeing his droopy expression, the words spilled out of your tongue immediately, "i'm sorry it took long."

"no, it's okay sweetheart." he mutters before his puppy-like eyes stare back at you innocently. "i'm not mad." his words his expression his genuine innocents makes you breathless and makes your heart collide. you chuckle as you feel your cheeks turn warmer at his gestures.

"you're really cute, you know that tsum?" when the words reach atsumu's ears - a sudden blush sprouts on his face and he quickly buries it on the pillow, mumbling something on the sheets that you didn't quite pick up. the both of you continued to stay like that, basking in each other's comfort that you didn't notice the sudden diminish of pomegranate colours, replacing it with blueberry shades as evening quickly falls heavily, a light pitter patter taps along the glass panes and you gaze away at the boy in front of you to settle it on the rain that scatter beyond the window.

    "it's raining." you heard atsumu murmur, he then turned to you with a smile. "looks like i won't be going home in awhile,"

    you look at him, "it's not like its heavy rain, i have a spare umbrella for you to borrow. you have another practice early in the morning tsum." you refrain yourself from chuckling upon the smile that dropped from his lovely face. atsumu puffs his cheeks, pouting as he starts to whine.

    "i haven't been seeing you recently and its so frustrating, we barely even hung out today." you saw the blur on his orbs as he brings your fingers to his lips once again. his puppy eyes staring deep within the honey-glazed of your soul as atsumu played with your cherry heartstrings. his breath was warm on your knuckles and he brushes his lower lip softly on your skin, eyes almost pleading.

    "please darling, for me?"

    "hm." you hum, copying his puffy cheek - pouty expression. atsumu leans in to nuzzle his nose on your cheek. "(y/n) love," with his other hand, atsumu caresses your neck - firmly holding the back so he could bury his nose on the crook of your neck, inhaling your drunken sweet scent as his heart thumps loudly on his chest.

    "darling," he coos further. this went on for a whole two minutes before you started cracking, chuckling as you grazed your palms on either sides of his cheeks. "okay," you start. "what do you want?"

    "cuddle with me,"

    "is that all?" you ask, raising a brow at your boyfriend who nods enthusiastically, humming rather excitedly. you cannot help but laugh at how cute he was, he was waiting for your permission ever since - he has been following you around, wagging his tail when you came up to give him kisses.

    your first impression of miya atsumu is that he was a bratty playboy, who constantly sniffs around to find new toys to play with. but when it comes to you, he has been silent and gentle. laying down patiently like a puppy, waiting for you to initiate. unlike his demeanour he was shy and flustered around you which his brother was happy to tease about. you shake your head, laughing at the idea that the pro setter of volleyball is like melted sweet pudding on your hands, and when you nod your head yes - atsumu perks up.

    atsumu shifts from his position to comfortably lay down on your bed, you follow soon after and he wraps his arms around your waist and happily nuzzles your tummy. you let your fingers wander on his bed head, trying your best to tame the riddles of cowlicks that decided to be rebellious. atsumu kisses and rubs his cheek on your stomach, muttering ghostly compliments into the somber and comfortable air.

    "goodnight, (y/n)." he murmurs and you smile softly, brushing his bangs to place a kiss on his forehead - you could hear a satisfied hum from him.

    "sweet dreams tsum tsum."

end.