( winter trains. ) seijoh third years

seijoh third years

𝖂ERIFESTERIA were the excitement blooms planted within the jars of their youthful hearts. another day where they sought out another mystery and adventure; like wandering lost boys trapped in clouds of wonder, their feet never stop from escaping fractured daydreams found in the bland colours they see everyday.

four pairs of footprints mark the soft snow and dead grass of the pavements. the winter afternoon was notorious, almost like a war consisting of teeth as snowflakes–though seem innocent–bit harder on their soft champagne skins.

    the snow is cold, but burning when it touches his face. snowflakes fell like thin ashes spilling from the grey dead sky, and oikawa tooru exhales a minty breath. pieces of his ash cookie brown hair swept by the howls. the boy with brown for hair and eyes find himself tucked over the snowy railroads of the old abandoned train station. oikawa's hair almost looked golden brown under the light, his boots crunching dead grass and the thick white snow.

    ( there were times where oikawa felt alone and empty, ) and the old abandoned train station set the stagnant mood of his thoughts that always run rampant in his head.

    "oikawa," he could hear iwaizumi hajime from the distance but he kept his gaze straight in the distant fogs, where the railroad stretches endlessly from the distance. then he felt something hard and cold hit the back of his head, making the brunette stir around, only to be pelted again at the face with a snowball.

    oikawa grunts, his face feeling minty and his deep pastry eyes teary as he brushes away the snow from his face. "makki!" his exclaim scatter the air, making makki and another boy throw into another feat of laughter.

     "you should've seen the look in your face." hanamaki wipes a tear, brushing snowflakes from his strawberry pink hair.

    "and i taped the whole thing." matsukawa grins with his phone held between his gloved hands, there were a few feathers of snowflakes on his lashes, but he was too lazy to even bother brushing it away.

    "iwa-chan, go scold them!"

    iwaizumi finds himself sighing again, "that's what you get for daydreaming oikawa."

    oikawa frowns, and iwaizumi steps over the snow, leaning close to rub his friend's throbbing cheek. with his gloves thumb, he firmly sweeps away the soft frost, leans back to stare before nodding, turning to look at the two mischief boys behind him.

    "matsukawa, hanamaki that's enough,"

    hanamaki pouts, white smoke spilling from his loud exhale. "fine, only because iwaizum–hmpk!" snow bites his face in a second, their gazes fleet towards their chocolate-haired friend, his lonely eyes clouded with playful fruits. oikawa sticks his tongue out and says, "that's for hitting me in the head." he'd grabbed a fistful of snow and folded it between his palms, brown eyes landing on matsukawa who flinches on impact.

    "and this is for my beautiful face, mattsun!" oikawa pelts the snow however the ravenette boy had already ducked for cover, his closest shelter–the spiky-haired boy who caught the snow landing on his right eye and ear.

    a dense silence soon follows, but from a mile away oikawa's face pales like the colour of the snow beneath his boots. he swallows, "i-iwa-chan that hit was for mattsun–!" iwaizumi never spared the boy any mercy and attacked him with his own snow, and thus came the reign of frosted snowballs as the four cheered in delight till the biting winter halted into serene feathers.

four boys with their colourful laughters tamed the wild train wreck burning within oikawa's cracked soul and broken mind. if it wasn't for the three star boys that came ushering into his monotone life, his skeleton would still be burning.

if it wasn't for their soft snowflakes.

end.