( paper scent. ) t. kei

tsukishima kei

    𝕿here you sat; idly and comfortable by the window that spilt of ivory milk. you had a single finger caressing through a page, rosy cheeks and half-lidded eyes as you stare into the distant pages of your book, like stars melting within your warm orbs. and in his eyes, you were a flawlessly flawless stranger.

    maybe it's because of how simple yet dazzling you looked, tsukishima kei finds himself back in the deep depths of the school library, the smell of warm winter dusk and books misting over his nose. the silence was a settling glow, not too penetrating nor bitter on his skin however, the only sound evident was his heart that fluttered and fluttered oh so gently on his warming chest.

there was something about you that drew him near, you always make him breathless in a way even the blonde couldn't comprehend. was it because every time he saw you his heart would collapse deep into the pools of his stomach? or because of how your perfect lazy-cracked lips and hazy soft eyes looks at him like you pulled the trigger of a shotgun, always making him freeze.

    "hello tsukishima-kun, another homework?"

    "yeah,"

    "you seem to like coming to the library a lot, i never expect that from you."

    "well, if its to keep me away from the loud idiots from volleyball club then staying in the library is the greatest choice."

     you laugh, and he finds himself liking how honey dripped from your sweet sugar tongue. it was like music he'd listen to round and round again, everyday. as the boy settles on a chair, he glances at you and he sees your pupils away from the book, instead it rests softly on the window, your dark eyes reflect the soft cotton flakes falling beneath the winter clouds. you released a soft breath before your eyes meet his, and he quickly fleets his gaze away.

not soon after, tsukishima flinches when he feels fingers brushing his locks, he turns and his dandelion eyes meets yours, you were very close, only a breath away but you smiled nontheless, "i just realized your strands are getting longer," he presses his fingers to stop it from trembling too much. he'd steady his gaze on you, and it's the first time you were close to him, close enough for tsukishima to see the gold flecks in your eyes, your imperfections like constellation marks on your flesh and the smile on your lips, tsukishima gulps, it was out of character but he felt drunk just seeing you, like he was spinning when he falls into the cold-dipped ocean.

"tsukishima-kun, is something wrong?"

"ah, it's nothing." tsukishima settles on his chair, shifting before lending you one of his earbud, "wanna hear?"

you grin at him and he blushes. "thanks." maybe it was the paper scent of the library, but tsukishima wants to feel the butterflies churning in his stomach once more, and he smiles at you.

end.