( wildflowers ) b. kotaro

bokuto kotaro

𝖀ntil you met him; the road towards the station tasted like blasphemous black asteroids that spat smoke within your glass visage. a frown pulled at your pink lips as you hop unto the train occupied by ghosts that hang on the ceiling as they shriek and gnawed their teeth at you. the small space in which you sat felt almost heavy - the seats turning into marsh as hands took shape and caressed your ashen thighs before pulling you into the seats to drown and drown in their underwater reservoir, to smother you to shred you in their ebony misery lit by cracked mason jars. your eyes always pooled with watery saline tears because you're always terrified and because your terrified the whole world would finally be able to ruin you and bite your candied soul until you turn into scattering dusts. you were just a person who's slowly wilting - from the lack of light lack of water lack of gentle tenderness. you were just parched. cracked and broken from inside out - just a bruised artwork beaten black and blue. that was you, until you met him.

   "akaashi if we don't use the train then night will surely come before we could reach back home. "

    "the practice ended later than usual because you were being moody again bokuto-san and stop yelling out it public."

    for the first time, you felt warmth beside you. someone had took the initiative to plop themselves beside you - beside a person overgrown with wilted flowers and ash crafted butterflies. you glance up and your carbon eyes were lit with the first rays of golden sun you ever saw. beside you was a boy with sunlight spilling from his cracked teeth and dandelions that showed in his sharp almond eyes as he spoke enthusiastically and cheerily to an irritated ravenette who seems to sigh away all his mischiefs. you continued to peer - unable to take away eyes off him. it has been awhile since you saw someone so bright, though he reminded you of the first colours of sunrise - his hair looked like moon dust has fused and melted with it. he looked like he was both the moon and sun, his being littered with light as twilight epiphanies grew within your veins, quenching your barren soul with sprouts of wildflowers.

  this boy was a silver saint by heart.

    you cut your gaze short and stared down at the cool grey floors, shrivelling and sinking into the seats wishing that the sun wouldn't peer at you—wouldn't look at your broken state. you do not want anyone else to ruin you anymore and you especially did not like the boy beside you to look at you and give you judgemental looks or weird stares. if he would; you would not know how you would take that at all - you were at your breaking point but luck was never on your side.

     "hey, are you okay?" a million breaths left your corroded-cranberry soul. "you look like you're really sick." the voice continues.

    "no, i-im fine it's nothing." broken kerosene spilled from your pink lips, the train in the distance lets out a billowing howl that echoes through your honey-battered bones. the floor rumbles and the ghosts cackled loudly making you flinch as your heart leaped in fear.

    just stop looking at me. you begged silently in your hollow chest where shadows nibbled at your ribcage.

     the boy tilts his head. "it does not look like its nothing."

    "bokuto-san." beside him, his friend hisses. akaashi's brows were frowning as he presses his lips together giving Bokuto a sharp look. a warning not to continue but the ace did not pay attention. he stares back at the person beside him—it was the first time he saw someone so, so broken and abstract. he could see a ribbon of cold darkness stringing you up and choking you into asphyxia. his smile turned into a sad smile of concern before he fishes something from inside his bag.

     "here," a hand lifts into your dull vision making you widen your eyes. in front of you was piece of food. beige bread with a hotdog. you blink up at the owl-looking boy and he grins at you. "this is the only food i have, our school usually sells these so i buy 'em whenever i can." he says. "you can have it."

     "oh um, thanks you shouldn't have troubled yourself with me." you held out your hands as he drops the food into your palm. Bokuto smiles, heaven dripping from the crevices of his lips and you suck in a breath. "no worries, it looked like you need it more than me anyways." his warm warm hand was on your head—patting your hair ever so gently and softly that you forgot the ghosts glaring at you. there was a fire burning sugardust in your heart, butterflies fluttering in your chest and for the first time in forever a sweet chuckle escapes your lips.

     until you met him, you found solace within his kind smiles.

end.