4: The Flirt

I wonder who's knocking at my door.

"What's up?!" I called, still sitting on my bed.

Yami slowly opened the door, "Can I come in?"

"Oh! Captain Yami!" I jumped up and stood at attention. "Please, come in!"

He laughed softly, "It's ok, Y/n. You don't need to be so formal, you can sit. Also, just Yami."

I sat back on the bed as he walked in a closed the door.

He closed the door? I gulped, feeling myself heat up.

"Mind if I sit?" he asked, gesturing to the chair. I just shook my head, and he took a seat.

"You make quite an impression, you know that?" he said, taking a small drag from his cigarette.

I laughed nervously, "Yea... sorry about that."

"No need to apologize to me. I like it," he shrugged.

I watched him as he took the cigarette out of his mouth. His muscles were toned and well-defined, and he had some veins showing on his forearms. I couldn't help but stare at the raw strength of his body.

"I'm really glad you chose our squad," he continued.

I looked back at his eyes and noticed how they hadn't left from my face since the moment he walked in.

I smiled, "I think I'm going to fit in well here."

He nodded his head. It was quiet for a moment, but it wasn't awkward. Just, peaceful.

I turned my head towards him, "Can I ask you something?"

He smiled, "Go ahead."

"How old are you? And how long have you been a Magic Knight?"

"28. And it's been awhile now, I started in the Grey Deers."

I nodded, just listening.

28, that's not too much older than me. Besides, I'm already an adult...

Y/n! Don't think like that! He's your fucking captain.

"And you're 20, right?" he asked.

I just nodded my headed, staring directly in front of me and leaning back on the bed.

"What made you want to be a knight?" he asked.

"Well, I know I'm strong, but I want to keep
growing. And I guess I just want to do something worthwhile..."

I sighed and continued, "Seemed like the logical next step once I came back to the Clover Kingdom."

I saw his interest peek. Shit, I said too much...

"Back to the Clover Kingdom?" he asked. "Where'd you go?"

I looked over at him and bit my lip hesitantly, "I just met you, Yami. I can't let you know all my secrets yet."

He held eye contact while I let a small smile curl from my lips.

He put out his cigarette on the desk, and slowly got up, walking towards me.

My heart was racing as he sat on the bed next to me. He was staring at me intensely.

"Maybe I want to know all of your secrets," he whispered.

I was focusing really carefully on my breathing, trying not to let it show just how flustered I felt.

"Well, if that's true..." I paused, slowly looking down at his lips and then returning my gaze to his eyes, "I guess you'll just have to stick around to find out."