19: The Capital

Time Jump: 5 months

**Yami's POV**

All the Captains sat around the meeting table. We've been here a lot since Y/n left. Every time she sends an update we get called in.

It's been kind of annoying, but it's nice to know she's alive.

She has strict orders not to communicate with anyone here in the Kingdom other than Julius, so it's the only way I hear about her.

Five fucking months.

I haven't seen her for five months.

Not to mention we didn't get to talk about anything before she left, so who the fuck knows what's even going on.

Yea, I still love her. I still care. But, who knows how she'll respond when she gets back. I know I've been pretty much acting like I'm single, so that'll be weird to explain.

Especially since she'll probably be leaving the Bulls the minute she gets back.

I knew she was done with me before she even got assigned this mission. Her leaving the hideout, I knew what that meant. I'm a lot of things, but I'm not fucking stupid.

"Thank you for coming," Julius called while entering.

Why the fuck is he always late to everything?

"Y/n sent an important update. It looks like they're preparing an attack. She said it should still be at least a few weeks out."

"An attack? Where?!" Fuegoleon yelled.

"Damn, Fuego. Settle down. I'm sure he was just about to tell us," I said annoyed.

I quickly lit another cigarette. This is going to be a long meeting.

"On the Capital," Julius interjected.

"The Capital? Looks like they're getting straight to the point," Jack cackled, thrilled with the idea of a good fight.

"Please prepare a plan for your squad to get here quickly and efficiently should an attack happen. Thank you," he stood up to leave.

"Wait that's it?" I asked. "Why the hell drag us over here for? Mushroom Head could've just told us that."

"Because I need you all to understand how serious this is. She's quickly risen through their ranks, as expected, and serves directly under the Dark Triad."

"However, she recently had to use her grimoire in a battle and she fears there is distrust rising against her."

"I don't know how accurate the information will be at this point, so we need to be prepared."

Shit... Stay safe, Y/n. Those three are brutal.

"If she's been compromised, shouldn't we bring her home?" Fuegoleon asked the question on all of our minds.

"No. She's grown much more powerful since you have all last seen her. She can handle herself."

He hastily exited the room without another word.