34: Secrets

Some of you vote for every chapter, and honestly, I can't thank you enough. Writing this has brought me so much happiness, and I'm glad you're all enjoying it. Thank you🖤

I had spent the next few days at Headquarters alone. Captains were preparing their training schedules and Julius was off wizard-kinging.

It sucked, but I wasn't allowed to leave until I was cleared by the doctors. And, unfortunately, they weren't the biggest fans of me.

I was making their life way too difficult since I refused to sit around and do nothing all day.

Julius said I couldn't go off to kill Vex on my own, he didn't say I had to listen to anyone else, though.

When he had time, Julius hung out with me, and it was just usually late at night when we played shogi. It had become our thing, and I loved it.

I laid on my bed reading a book about Wizard Kings of the past when there was a knock on my door.

"What?" I called out, thinking it would just be Marx or something.

"Yami!" I yelled excitedly as he peeked his head in.

"Hey, my little mummy," he teased as he looked over my exposed bandages.

I yanked him down on top of me once he got closer, and smashed my lips against his, wasting no time in unleashing my tongue.

I threw my hands in his hair and wrapped my legs around him, pulling his body against mine.

Yami broke away, gasping for breath, "Damn. Miss me?"

"So much," I huffed, full of lust, and leaned back in.

He stopped me before my lips reached his, "Shouldn't you get cleared by the doctors before we do this?"

"It's sex, not a fucking battlefield," I tried again to bring my lips to his.

"Someone's a little eager."

"Yami," I called. "Why the fuck are you stopping me?" I chuckled impatiently.

"Sorry, babe," he kissed me quickly. "I'm actually here to meet with Julius."

I sat up as he stood, "Is Yami really turning me down? I never thought I'd see the day." I shook my head playfully in disbelief.

"Hey," he called before walking out. "You free tonight?"

"Are you joking?"

"No," he said blankly.

"I'm literally not allowed to leave..."

"Ok, so you don't have plans then?"

"Well, actually," I trailed off. "Julius and I usually play shogi. So I guess I do have plans. But, for you, I can reschedule."

"Wow, you're too kind," he teased. "Um, I'll come get you around 8?"

"Ok?" I looked at him suspiciously. Why's he being so weird? He never plans anything.

"I'll see you later," he gave me another quick kiss and left.

Why is he so fucking strange? And why is he meeting with Julius alone?