17: Choices

My story went #1 for the Black Clover tag!!! Ahhhhh I'm freaking out!! Thanks for reading everyone 🖤🖤🖤

"Y/n!!" Magna and Noelle yelled as we approached them.

"Uh, hey," I whispered, forcing a small smile.

They both gave me a hug.

"We were so worried!" Noelle called.

"Yea... Um, sorry about that."

"No worries, kid. We're just glad you're safe," Magna added.

"Should we head out? Or stay somewhere here for the night?" Asta asked.

"Can we at least leave the village? Stop somewhere nearby for the night?" I whimpered.

They all looked at me with pity. "Yea, of course, Y/n," Asta put his arm my shoulder.

We travelled a bit before finding a clearing in the woods to stay in.

"I'll be up for a little while. I can take first watch," I offered.

"I'll stay up with you," Asta offered and the other two went off to sleep.

The night was peaceful and quiet. The stars shined without hesitation, inviting our awe-inspired stares.

There was a cool breeze blowing through the meadow, with soft sounds of critters scurrying about around us as fireflies carefully lit up the wildflowers.

There's nothing better than a late summer night. I've missed the countryside. It's beauty was undeniable.

"Y/n," Asta called me to attention. "Was that where you grew up?"

I nodded without taking my eyes off the celestial scene above.

"Why'd you go home?"

"It's not home."

"Well, why'd you go...back?"

"I don't know, Asta. I feel so lost... I just want to know where I belong."

He paused for a moment, and I felt his hesitation.

"Hey, uh, want to go on a detour? Just you and me?"

That got my attention, so I turned to him, "Really? Sure!"

We left a small note for Magna and Noelle, letting them know we'd meet back at the hideout, and took off on my broom.

"So where are we headed?"

"Hage! My home village!!"

"Wait really?!"

"Yea! We should make it by the morning!"

We flew all through the night, and as the sun began to rise, a giant skull came into view.

"Whoa, is that?..." I trailed off.

"The demon skull! From the first Wizard King's victory!"

I stared in shock, "I've witnessed a lot in my travels, but that has to be the coolest thing I've ever seen."