33: Revenge

"It's important you listen to me on this. You have to take it easy," I nodded as the doctor told me this for like the 100th time.

"We stopped the internal bleeding, but your body is bruised all over, cracked ribs, gashed skin... You're not fully healed."

I looked at her with an annoyance I didn't even pretend to hide.

She sighed loudly, "How do you feel?"

I shrugged, "Fine."

"Y/n. Please take this seriously."

"Anything else?" I asked.

She just shook her head as I stood up to leave, and Lunelle quickly followed.

They hadn't let anyone see me yet, but Lunelle had apparently almost taken someone's hand off when they tried to get her out of my hospital room.

I knew Yami had seen me since he brought me some new clothes, but it wasn't while I was awake. I was completely in the dark about what had happened after Lunelle brought me here.

I wore a large black hoodie and some black spandex type shorts. The bandages across my legs made it pretty impossible to wear pants.

Apparently, the Spade mages really did beat the shit out of me over those couple of days.

Honestly, I was so out of it while I was chained up that I don't remember much other than Vex, Savron, and the beginning of my escape.

The doctor thinks it's possible they drugged me upon my arrival to the Spade kingdom and then it slowly wore off throughout my time there.

It didn't matter now, though. Either way, after Savron, all I could think about was killing Vex. I had awoken a thirst for blood and revenge that he could only quench.

So, regardless of the doctor's requests, I knew I had to get back to my training immediately. Preferably today.

I walked through the quiet corridor on the west side of Headquarters, listening only to the sound of my breath and Lunelle's claws tapping against the hard marble ground.

First on my to do list, find where the hell they put my grimoire once I passed out and was brought to the hospital.

I went up to the room where I typically stayed when in the Captial and saw my grimoire along with a new outfit lying on the bed.

Aw, they replaced my new Silver Eagles outfit that had been completely destroyed.

I smiled at the kind gesture that I'm sure Julius had orchestrated.

However, it was training time, so instead I just took off the sweater and put on a plain black, cropped tank top and wrapped my grimoire around my waist.

I looked at Lunelle, "Wanna join?"

She gave me a low growl that almost sounded like she was annoyed.

I laughed loudly, "Not you too?! I'm fine. We've got work to do."

I walked through the halls and out to the back gardens where Yami had trained with me before I was promoted to Vice Captain.

I started with some light stretches and flinched in pain as my sore muscles tried to reject the motion.

"Oh, shit. That's tight," I laughed softly to myself as I forced myself to get moving.

"Alright, Lunelle. Let's start with a run."

Headquarters was pushed up against the hillside, so I took off into the gardens and found a pathway upwards.