Part 47

Khushi was seated in the hall waiting for Arnav to arrive, he said he would come in the evening but he hadn't said the exact timing, so now she was back from work early because she was kind of excited and she couldn't wait to see him.

Every time she'd hear the sound of a car honking, she would rush to the window to check whether it was Arnav, all over a sudden she was acting all crazy just to see him.

"Look at you so madly in love." Tara said as she walked into the hall dressed up.

"Look at you dressing up cutely for Rohan." Khushi teased her back.

"How did you know I was going with him? What if I'm just going out with friends?" Tara asked.

"The look on your face says it all, so date night?"

"Yeah, we figured if you guys started, why shouldn't we?" She laughed, Khushi just rolled her eyes as Tara headed towards the door opened it to leave.

"Oh hi Arnav." She said, Khushi stood up immediately and rushed towards the door to see him but he wasn't there.

"Wow, look at you, you dint even want to give him a chance and now you can't wait to see him." Tara laughed.

"Go away!" Khushi frowned as she headed back to the sofa to sit, she grabbed her phone and decided to call him to save herself from over waiting for him. Did that even make sense? Was there such a word in the English language?

Who cared, this wasn't an exam.

She unlocked her phone ready to dial his number when the door opened up and he walked in, Khushi stood up trying not to look or sound too excited.

"I was just about to call you." She said as she walked towards him.

"Yeah, I met Tara downstairs she said you were waiting, I got caught up at work, hope I dint make you wait too long?"

"Not really." She smiled.

"Great... So what are we cooking?" He asked.

"I don't know, I thought you were going to cook as you invited yourself to dinner."

"If I wanted to cook, I could cook at my place too, I wanted for you to cook for me." He said.

"Oh how romantic Arnav." Khushi rolled her eyes, first he invited himself and now he was expecting her to cook for him, like seriously?

"Not in a bad way, you're looking like I just told you that I killed someone. How do I explain this... okay remember on the first day of our wedding, you had cooked for me and I dint even taste it.

I just realized you never got the appreciation you deserved, that's why I invited myself here, so you can cook for me, like that day, and I promise, I would taste it and even eat it, and it doesn't mean you have to cook for me always, I can also cook for you sometime, you can invite yourself to my place too.

I just thought it would be good if we did the things you wanted and never got to do because of the way I behaved then, that's it." He explained.

"That's sweet actually, I was almost going all feminist on you for telling me to cook for you." Khushi laughed.

"Yeah I was scared I might get a punch, how about we both cook, I can help you, it would be a fun kind of date."

"Oh... so this is a date?"

"Every moment with you is a date." Arnav smirked.

"He also flirts." Khushi rolled her eyes as she walked towards the kitchen while Arnav followed her.